Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99/500 BofA unsecured!

tag
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

99/500 BofA unsecured!

Just an update for the people who've been asking about current timelines. I had called in August and was told to wait until after my 10th statement to ask to unsecure. My 10th statement cut about 10 days ago, but I waited until my new statement amounts on all cards had updated to the magical under 5%. I called today and was graduated and bumped from $500 to $1000 (yay!), but I decided to push my luck. I asked if they would match the $3k limit on my CapOne. They transferred me to a credit analyst who said no, they would like to see me "keep doing what you're doing" and use the unsecured card "for a while" before increasing it anymore. I asked for a timeframe and she said 6-9 months. So...they're being really conservative. This is no doubt at least partly due to my history and partly due to my income (under $50k), but I know it used to be easier to get increases back in the day. Le sigh.

Both women I spoke to were extremely friendly and polite, so at least they're nice when they tell you no.

Lisa

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Re: 99/500 BofA unsecured!

Grr. But they did a hard inquiry on my TU without asking.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.