cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BofA credit card fiasco, quite a story.

tag
Cliffrock
New Visitor

A BofA credit card fiasco, quite a story.

So, apparently BofA went through some "conversion" and stop billing me entirely in June.  I had two very low promotional APRs nad when they stopped billing (e-bills) I missed June and July payments.  This went on through June and July.  I finally, finally got people on the phone to help.
My FICO dropped 90 points!  when this hit the books, 2 months past due of about $350.

Then they agreed to refund late charges and post correctly to the credit company.

My FICO went up 70 points.  But they posted a new reduced balance of 1100 instead of 11,000.

Then they repost the correct balance of 11,000 and my FICO dropped again.
Through all of this my payments quadrupled, because, you guessed it, they put me into default APR of 33%!!
So, now, BofA cust. serv. manager Kelly Clayton has promised to fix it all (yes they made me overpay two months of default APR payments- they will later apply it to the balance).
Also, right now, they re-reported a 2 month past due to the credit company :-(
I just ended a 1 hour phone call.
These people are really frustrating.  Live and learn.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A BofA credit card fiasco, quite a story.

I also did not get an EBILL from Bank of America for June, July AND now August. I'm glad I have a "reminder" set up in my online banking with them, so the bill was paid.  I JUST canceled and re-signed up for ebill hoping that will fix the issue.
Message 2 of 3
Platinum25
New Contributor

Re: A BofA credit card fiasco, quite a story.

Sounds to me like it's time to cut that relationship off and look for credit elsewhere.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.