cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A CAPITAL ONE Application Spree? You Better Believe It!

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: A CAPITAL ONE Application Spree? You Better Believe It!

Stralem said:

"Capital One definitely gets a lot of flak -- oftimes dservedly so --"

Yes. Let's not forget this little tidbit. They are not unfortunate victims of bad publicity. Their protocol leaves a lot to be desired. And I say this as someone with two fine, prime Cap1 cards who also went through a lot of BS, pain and frustration along the way before emerging victorous on every gripe/problem I had with them...and I had many. 

Yes, once you "arrive", all is well. And once you overcome their irritations and abrasive tactics, you forgive and move on. But they could save themselves a lot of trouble (and heckling at the EO) if they would just tweak their protocol a bit. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 15
toppers555
Established Contributor

Personally I had no problems with Capitol One untill they failed to honor the commitment of converting my secured card to un secured.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 12 of 15
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I just want to know how many inquiries that cost you. Did they pull all 3 for each app?

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 13 of 15
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

I just want to know how many inquiries that cost you. Did they pull all 3 for each app?

+1  That was my exact thought as well!  But congrats OP - nicely done! 

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Yes, yes...I know...Capital One is a credit pariah to many on this board, but post-house closing, they have been VERY generous to me:

Sony Cap1 VISA card: Approved for $2,500

Cap1 Cash Rewards: Approved for $3,000

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard: Approved for $2,500

Menard's BIG card (Menard's is EVERYWHERE here): Approved for $5,000 (I didn't even know Cap1 could count that high...even if this is a store card!)

All cards approved on the same day!

By my count, that's $13,000 in new credit Smiley Very Happy

I know what you're thinking...why not Discover? Why not Citi? Why not Chase...BOA...AMEX?

Here's why...I have a year 2010 BK7...and the aforementioned prime lenders won't touch me with a 30-foot pole.

But Capital One did...in a big way...and for taking a chance on a guy who screwed up in the past and is now a responsible credit user (and 1st time homeowner), that guy says THANK YOU, CAPITAL ONE Smiley Happy

Note: Edited to correct errors

CONGRATS!!!

I dont blame ya go with the lender that will trust you and you like!

+1

Very much agree.  I have had two of their former products (before the 90's acquisition of Signet Bank) now Venture WMC and CashRewards WMC and to this day, always an overall good experience.  Of course, their recent HSBC (US) CC portfolio acquisiton netted me with an entire relationship of roughly 6 products.  However, even during the ongoing conversion to a uniform Capital One platform, I have encountered no issues whatsover including the Saks Fifth Avenue WE MC.  So stick with what works!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.