Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Few Questions about Chase

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

A Few Questions about Chase

How long did it take you to get approved for a second card with them and was it possible to consolidate the limit of your previous card to that card? 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Few Questions about Chase

I don't know about consolidating limits. But I got approves for the freedom last Thursday and said what the heck and appd for the csp Saturday and got approved
Message 2 of 8
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

I got both Freedom and CSP the same day. I know you can consolidate but do not know how soon. 

Message 3 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Alright. The same day I went for my southwest card I tried aping for the amazon rewards and even on recon still got declined so i don't wanna take my chances on the freedom just yet. Maybe in two months seeing as how quickly people are able to get them.
Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

How long did it take you to get approved for a second card with them 

1 day but whether or not others can get multiple cards in a given timeframe means nothing with regard to whether or not you can.  Everyone's credit isn't identical.

@chalupaman wrote:

and was it possible to consolidate the limit of your previous card to that card? 

I haven't fully consolidated but I've shifted limits among multiple cards.

Message 5 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

That's always something I should keep in mind.

Message 6 of 8
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

How long did it take you to get approved for a second card with them and was it possible to consolidate the limit of your previous card to that card? 

The Chase CSR told me their policy is you can be approved for no more than two cards in 30 days, but of course that depends on your credit. That theory proved true when I applied for another Chase card on the day of my Freedom and CSP approvals and was denied but 31 days later was approved for my Marriott Rewards card.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 7 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

The Chase CSR told me their policy is you can be approved for no more than two cards in 30 days, but of course that depends on your credit. That theory proved true when I applied for another Chase card on the day of my Freedom and CSP approvals and was denied but 31 days later was approved for my Marriott Rewards card.

Interesting. I know with my most recent Amex cards I waited two months and was approved for them but remember filling out a charge card app and getting instantly denied the same month I got my first Amex. Did not realize that Chase was that quick though. Makes me wanna have another go for the Freedom in the future but I feel they've given me more credit than I ever expected them to. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.