tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

A Haiku for Credit One Bank...

Today I left you

and your fat annual fee

off to the shredder!

Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: A Haiku for Credit One Bank...

How can I say this.....its cuz.....I....I.... I GOT BETTER CARDS THAN YOU OKAY (QUICKLY THROWS INTO SHREDDAR). It did its purpose now its time to move on, Congrats!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

How can I say this.....its cuz.....I....I.... I GOT BETTER CARDS THAN YOU OKAY (QUICKLY THROWS INTO SHREDDAR). Its did its purpose no its time ot move on, Congrats!!

Oh, I almost forgot the best part...

When I called to cancel, the lady asked me why I was canceling. I told her it's because of the annual fee...that little 8.25/month charge to keep a $600 CL card active.

She offered to credit that fee...for 3 months. I literally laughed out loud.

But then...

She told me that I'd miss all the credit reporting advantages...seeing as how they report to all 3 bureaus. I kindly informed her that the account would continue to report...for years and years to come...and that by the time it falls off, my BK7 would be gone as well.

The silence after that was deafening Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 6
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Well done! I'm cancelling mine before the next $8.25 fee posts.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

OHHHHHHHHHH You should them! hahha Like that was gonna change your mind of canceling the card. Excellent job!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.