Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A call to AMEX CS takes you to FR?

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

A call to AMEX CS takes you to FR?

So I just called AMEX CS to upgrade my BCE to BCP and the call was taken by their FR department! I was asked to confirm my employer , my address and my employer address , my rental status , my income and so on!

Has this happened to anyone? That was the extent of my experience .. they didn't ask for tax returns or any documents ... I was just surprised!

Nothing major going on with my credit! 

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A call to AMEX CS takes you to FR?

Doesn't sound like a FR..  Maybe more like verification is all.. Account is still availlable and CL is stil accessible online correct?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Doesn't sound like a FR..  Maybe more like verification is all.. Account is still availlable and CL is stil accessible online correct?

Agreed.  It is just routine verification.. 

Message 3 of 5
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Well she said she was from the FR department .. because I asked her why she was asking me for this information when they already have it. Yes the account is still accessible online.

I guess it was just strange for me to call CS and get rerouted to another department! 

Current Cards:
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@altayar wrote:

Well she said she was from the FR department .. because I asked her why she was asking me for this information when they already have it. Yes the account is still accessible online.

I guess it was just strange for me to call CS and get rerouted to another department! 

A real FR will not be done over the phone.  They have you fill out a form and they get info. directly from the IRS.  They probably just want to confirm and make sure all your info is still the same since you are putting in a request.

Other CC have been known to do this... I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.