tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: A customer just handed me a chase palladium card

@silver0187 wrote:

how did you react to it lol

@drsmith wrote:

Professionally

I'm sure his rear is raw from all the kissing.

lulz  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m 26 years old and just actually applied for this card as a regular customer from chase.com and I got approved. I had to fill out an app and fax it over to them they didn’t ask my for any bank statements or anything like that. I don’t know what the whole hype is about it that you have to have 5 million in the bank or private banker. I have a feeling they are giving out the card easy now and then in a year from now they are going to make it exclusive like American express centurion, whom they let everyone apply in the beginning and then they made it by invite only.

Message 12 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Nice ~ it states that the card is actually made out of Palladium ( whatever that is....) which sells for over $800/ounce, so you could melt the card down for scrap...Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m 26 years old and just actually applied for this card as a regular customer from chase.com and I got approved. I had to fill out an app and fax it over to them they didn’t ask my for any bank statements or anything like that. I don’t know what the whole hype is about it that you have to have 5 million in the bank or private banker. I have a feeling they are giving out the card easy now and then in a year from now they are going to make it exclusive like American express centurion, whom they let everyone apply in the beginning and then they made it by invite only.

I didnt know that people could apply for the Black Card before. Always thought it was by invitation only

Message 14 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Nice ~ it states that the card is actually made out of Palladium ( whatever that is....) which sells for over $800/ounce, so you could melt the card down for scrap...Smiley Wink

Yeah and if you lose the card, your replacement is the plastic version.

Message 15 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Expensive metal. I read that the card itself cost $1000

Message 16 of 24
jo75olds
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whats your credit score like???

Starting Score: EQ: 632, TU: 715, EX: 700
Current Score: EQ: 684, TU: 684, EX: 696
Goal Score: 825+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Around 740 but now a days score doesn’t mean anything, it goes by account history and high balance installments. Put is this way my buddy has a 790 score and didn’t get approved I have a 740 and I did. 

Message 18 of 24
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Around 740 but now a days score doesn’t mean anything, it goes by account history and high balance installments. Put is this way my buddy has a 790 score and didn’t get approved I have a 740 and I did. 

Could you explain a little more about your credit profile so those of us who have the card as a goal know how to prepare for it?

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

what do you currentley have on your credit report now? history? how much available credit are you using and how much is available?

@Mickey11 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you explain a little more about your credit profile so those of us who have the card as a goal know how to prepare for it?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.