Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few Amex questions....

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

A few Amex questions....

I just received my American Express Blue Sky card in the mail yesterday and I am super excited about it. For one, it is the coolest looking card that I have! Also, I am happy to be in the Amex family and just want to know a couple of things about dealing with them.   First off,  I have gotten used to paying many of my balances off a week of so after it posts or making several payments a month to pif. I have only run into problems with this and the wal-mart card I have. So is Amex accepting of this type of payment behavior? Also, I keep seeing about the 61 day 3x cli. The highest limit I have as of right now on any card is the FNBO Amex for 3500.00. So when my 61 days are up on the Blue Sky, should I try for 3x or would that not be possible since I don't have any other limits that high? Does it have to be on the 61st day or just after 61 days?

Also, I know I have seen that Amex like heavy usage....do they prefer you to pif each month or should I let a small balance hit here and there to show I am making use of the 0% interest?

I appreicate any tip you can give me....I want to treat this card well....thanks!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: A few Amex questions....

Anyone?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 4
ultramanseven

hello, snowkitty

with amex  revolver card you have to treat it like charge card    pif    they like it that way  and  you dont have to use it alot   just  100-500 a month will be okay

the key is pif   dont carry any balance if you dont really really  need it.  incase you need to carry balance   pay it off within 2 billing cycle...imho  dont carry balance at all

they will treat you back like vip  

@snowkitty wrote:

I just received my American Express Blue Sky card in the mail yesterday and I am super excited about it. For one, it is the coolest looking card that I have! Also, I am happy to be in the Amex family and just want to know a couple of things about dealing with them.   First off,  I have gotten used to paying many of my balances off a week of so after it posts or making several payments a month to pif. I have only run into problems with this and the wal-mart card I have. So is Amex accepting of this type of payment behavior? Also, I keep seeing about the 61 day 3x cli. The highest limit I have as of right now on any card is the FNBO Amex for 3500.00. So when my 61 days are up on the Blue Sky, should I try for 3x or would that not be possible since I don't have any other limits that high? Does it have to be on the 61st day or just after 61 days?

Also, I know I have seen that Amex like heavy usage....do they prefer you to pif each month or should I let a small balance hit here and there to show I am making use of the 0% interest?

I appreicate any tip you can give me....I want to treat this card well....thanks!

Message 3 of 4
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Anytime 61 days after activation is okay for 3X increase. The increase will be based on their internal evaluation which includes income etc.

Amex will not allow more than one payment in the first month after adding a bank account. If you want to pay more than once then you will have to push the payment thru from your bank.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.