Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good 0% BT card I would be good for

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

A good 0% BT card I would be good for

I'm trying to knock down the balance on my PSECU card without getting hit with big interest. Is there any cards that would be good with BT's and a good limit?? I'd like to narrow it down to a TU pull where i have only 6 INQ's.

The barclays rewards MC is a good look in my opinion, I really dont want another account but I cant figure out a way to knock it down quick.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: A good 0% BT card I would be good for

Hmm... TU huh, that's going to be hard except for Barclays.  What state do you live in?  And how long do you need the 0% 18 months, or is 12 ok too?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Barclay's is a good bet if your in the 650-700 range
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You're*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Went for the Barclays rewards MC with the 15 mo 0% offer, declined Smiley Sad

Will have to call tommorow for recon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm trying to knock down the balance on my PSECU card without getting hit with big interest. Is there any cards that would be good with BT's and a good limit?? I'd like to narrow it down to a TU pull where i have only 6 INQ's.

The barclays rewards MC is a good look in my opinion, I really dont want another account but I cant figure out a way to knock it down quick.

I was recently looking for a 0% intro offer myself recently, and most of the major CCs seem to offer that -- probably as an incentive for the card. I'm assuming you want a TU pull also because it's your highest FICO. That's a challenge. I know you've said that you're BL'd w/Citi, but what about Chase or Discover?

I had my Apple for 6 or 7 mos before I apped for their MC. How long have you had the Apple? While they approved my MC, they definitely had a ceiling for the total CL of both cards. So, that may be a factor in your denial. Hope you do well on your recon! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 20
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

What is the rate on your PSECU card, and what is the balance?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

9.9% , 4.9/9K.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 20
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

9.9% , 4.9/9K.

Other than a BT for 0%,  you'll hardly find any credit cards that offer less than 9.9%.  Citi Diamond Preferred comes to mind as a possibility with 18 months at 0%.  You may just have to do it the old fashioned way and pay it down over time.  Be grateful that your APR is low with PSECU.  You do not want your reports to look like you are pyramiding your debt by applying for new cards to pay off other cards.  Your scores matter, specifically in this instance.  Seeking new credit to pay off any older debt isn't a good sign - personally for you, or for potential creditors.  i'm not trying to bust your chops here, but please be careful!      

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 9 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

LS, what is your current overall utili?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.