Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good run with Synchrony Bank but it's over now

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

A good run with Synchrony Bank but it's over now

A little CLD or shall I say a complete shutdown of all five accounts.  That's 90k gone in one swoop.  Easy come, easy go.  Now Synchrony is added to the likes of 5/3, comenity, chase, BofA.  I think I'll have capital one, Huntington bank and FNBO coming next since I'm top heavy with them.  That's about 360k between the three. Good thing for a nice cushion to offset the CLD.  

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A good run with Synchrony Bank but it's over now

@12njoy wrote:

A little CLD or shall I say a complete shutdown of all five accounts.  That's 90k gone in one swoop.  Easy come, easy go.  Now Synchrony is added to the likes of 5/3, comenity, chase, BofA.  I think I'll have capital one, Huntington bank and FNBO coming next since I'm top heavy with them.  That's about 360k between the three. Good thing for a nice cushion to offset the CLD.  

Yikes.

When did they shut down your SYNCB cards?

So, your 5/3 accounts were closed as well...when?  How many did you have with them?  I think the max was 3, but I recall you were able to get 4?  Recently, 5/3 only allows 2 cards as the max number (of course, CLIs are a different story).

I remember Comenity closed your cards after the IKEA approval.

No bueno 🥴

Seems like you're dealing with it ok...maybe?

Message 2 of 31
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Yikes... That stinks. Looks like they've done this to a lot of accounts recently.

Message 3 of 31
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Bad Kudos.png

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Yikes.

When did they shut down your SYNCB cards?

So, your 5/3 accounts were closed as well...when?  How many did you have with them?  I think the max was 3, but I recall you were able to get 4?  Recently, 5/3 only allows 2 cards as the max number (of course, CLIs are a different story).

I remember Comenity closed your cards after the IKEA approval.

No bueno 🥴

Seems like you're dealing with it ok...maybe?

Synchrony just closed all cards on September 16th. I had 4 cards with 5/3.  They didn't close my accounts, they did CLD  and then I just closed them all.  I'm totally ok with Synchrony.  They served their purpose.  I'm at another standstill now.  No new credit for a while.  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

@5KRunner wrote:

Yikes... That stinks. Looks like they've done this to a lot of accounts recently.

I think the pandemic caught up with me.  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 31
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Wow. SyncB is just shutting down accounts like they don't like money anymore. They are certainly gaining a reputation, that's for true. 

You won't ever see me waste a HP on them. Uh uh. Nope.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 7 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

Wow. SyncB is just shutting down accounts like they don't like money anymore. They are certainly gaining a reputation, that's for true. 

You won't ever see me waste a HP on them. Uh uh. Nope.

I've had them since 2017 so they were good to help with getting larger limits. I only really used the BP card which I recently got increased to 10k.  The other 4 cards were all at 20k.  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is lousy, indeed, @12njoySmiley Sad  I'm still holding my breath that they won't come for me.

I know all we can do is speculate, but do you think the recent CLI on the BP card put you "on the radar"?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what other Synchrony cards did you have? 

My oldest credit card is Lowe's (17 years)... I'm hoping it'll somehow survive their axe a bit longer.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is just horrible. But you are not alone. Synchrony closed all 7 of my accounts back in October 2020. I have not had any other lender close any of my accounts since and no CLD's.

I feel bad for you as I know what it feels like, but the good news is that I did get many new cards since so I didnt need Synchrony after all

Thanks for your post

Mark

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.