cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nice touch from the Verizon card / SYNC product!

tag
CashOutReFi
New Contributor

A nice touch from the Verizon card / SYNC product!

Had the Verizon card for the better part of a year. Started at $2k limit, received a CLI to $5k SL a few months later. 

Unprovoked and unsolicited, I received a very nice piece of mail with my new Verizon Visa Signature card in the mail. Metal card. 

I have not ever been proactively sent a Visa Signature when crossing the minimum SL threshold for the product by any other bank. 

This truly brightened my day! 

6 REPLIES 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: A nice touch from the Verizon card / SYNC product!

That WAS a very nice surprise for you and quite courteous of them if i might say to send it out direct. 

Message 2 of 7
Trini88
Established Contributor

That's greats! I wish FNBO would do that for me 🤣

Goal Cards:
Message 3 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@CashOutReFi wrote:

Had the Verizon card for the better part of a year. Started at $2k limit, received a CLI to $5k SL a few months later. 

Meanwhile I've had mine for 2+ years... $4k limit... up until 2 months ago it was my go to card for $3k+ per month... always PIF and always instant denial for a CLI.  

So now my new $10k Amex is my new go to card and the Verizon card doesn't see any spend other than the monthly phone bill.  Smiley LOL

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 4 of 7
CashOutReFi
New Contributor

As tempting as it would be to give the VZ card the cold shoulder, aren't the points categories fairly rich given that there is no AF? Similar to AmEx Gold in that it rewards in most of the same ways: 

4% gas and groceries

3% dining

2% Verizon bill

1% online shopping

There's no "annual hole" you have to dig yourself out of before the card starts rewarding you. It sounds like you're $1k away from getting your metal card. 

Ironically, the CLI button actually disappeared after my latest (failed) attempt to push beyond $5k. 

Message 5 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@CashOutReFi wrote:

As tempting as it would be to give the VZ card the cold shoulder, aren't the points categories fairly rich given that there is no AF? Similar to AmEx Gold in that it rewards in most of the same ways: 

4% gas and groceries

3% dining

2% Verizon bill

1% online shopping

There's no "annual hole" you have to dig yourself out of before the card starts rewarding you. It sounds like you're $1k away from getting your metal card. 

Ironically, the CLI button actually disappeared after my latest (failed) attempt to push beyond $5k. 

My card is already metal... has been since I got it.  As for the rewards... yes... they definitely aren't bad.  When I was using the card a lot I was getting around $70- 80 a month in cash back... and once I meet the $10k spend for the Amex flight credit I'll probably go back to the Verizon card even though I don't really benefit much from the 4% on gas and groceries because I'm single with a low grocery bill and my daily commute is only 5 miles... (which is a good thing with these gas prices)

Just frustrating to use the card as much as I did over 2 years and not get a CLI but it is what it is.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 6 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your upgrade!

Verizon Visa Signature card is one of the better cards Sync has! They have done this very nicely...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.