Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pack of gum ....

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: A pack of gum ....

I've got you beat at about $1.65 for the same amount of gum.  Assuming the sticks or pieces are the same size, that is.

I get Extra Winterfresh gum at Sam's Club.  15 sticks per pack, 10 packs in a box.  That's 150 sticks of gum.  $6.88.  That comes out to about 4.5 cents per stick. 

I believe your Trident gum is 36 pieces per super-pack.  At $2.00, that's 5.5 cents per stick.

In other words, you're spending $5.50 for 100 pieces of gum and I'm spending $4.50!

Smiley Happy

I'm only doing all this because you lectured me about dark and milk chocolate.  I don't like dark chocolate, and I'll eat milk chocolate (with almonds and toffee) by the truckload, thank you.  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I've got you beat at about $1.65 for the same amount of gum.  Assuming the sticks or pieces are the same size, that is.

I get Extra Winterfresh gum at Sam's Club.  15 sticks per pack, 10 packs in a box.  That's 150 sticks of gum.  $6.88.  That comes out to about 4.5 cents per stick. 

I believe your Trident gum is 36 pieces per super-pack.  At $2.00, that's 5.5 cents per stick.  Yes

In other words, you're spending $5.50 for 100 pieces of gum and I'm spending $4.50!

Smiley Happy

I'm only doing all this because you lectured me about dark and milk chocolate.  I don't like dark chocolate, and I'll eat milk chocolate (with almonds and toffee) by the truckload, thank you.  Smiley Wink

LOL.  Publix  overprice everything.   I hardly go to Walmart.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

More often than not, the phrase "a pack of gum" comes up on myfico. Smiley Very Happy I wonder why that is. Haha! Do Americans love gum so much? Since I am an immigrant from Europe, I do not fancy gum so much. I love comestibles. Things that you can finally swallow after you chewed them thoroughly.

What else could you buy to keep your credit card active other than the ubiquitous pack of gum?

My suggestion: a bar of chocolateSmiley Happy

Any other no-gum infinitesimally small purchase amount credit card chargers? What's your chewing gum surrogate? Or am upsetting the apple cart by vituperating those gum buyers?

Me too ~    

Me ... I rents a DVD from RedBox with it ... $1/night + tax ... and sometimes they give you offer like rent 1 and get second for 50 cents = $1.68 with tax for two movies.   I just rented  「Mao's Last Dancer」and「Just Go With It」   Other than that ... will be $1 menu from fast food restaurant when you need a little snack ... I got a soft cream last time  Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

socks on the retail cards Smiley Tongue

It's how I keep Dillard's happy when there's not a wedding on the calendar.

And they do have great socks. 

chocolate... socks... chocolate... socks...

hmmm

Thanks hauling  ... I needed that laugh !! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 27
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

ebay purchases. $1-$4

Buying stuff that you don't need is not a way to save.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chocolate socks

Leave it to a boarder to have to have a pair of these.  But they're $10 a pair so they don't qualify!

I do like the red toes, though.  Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1 menu fast food and drinks from gas stations.

Message 17 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Back in the day of TheNewWorldMan and Noah_Bodie and others, the token purchase was always a Slurpee. Smiley Happy

I still lean toward chocolate, though. Those Lindt truffles, the ones in the black wrapper, extra dark chocolate, work very nicely.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

socks on the retail cards Smiley Tongue

It's how I keep Dillard's happy when there's not a wedding on the calendar.

And they do have great socks. 

At first I thought you meant put the cards in the sock drawer, lol....  But that's a great idea.  I told my wife just this week we have too many similar but mismatched socks and should declare sock bankruptcy, throw them all away, and buy new.  Socks...   Good plan.

Message 19 of 27
p-
Valued Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Netflix

newspaper subscription

cell phone bill

credit monitoring service

Yeah, I use it for my cc monitoring service too...  I just hope the irony police don't find out.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.