Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pack of gum ....

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A pack of gum ....

@beamMEup wrote:

Chocolate socks

Leave it to a boarder to have to have a pair of these.  But they're $10 a pair so they don't qualify!

I do like the red toes, though.  Smiley Tongue

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 27
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Netflix

newspaper subscription

cell phone bill

credit monitoring service

Yep, that goes on my Orchard card. It's the ONLY thing that I use it for currently.

I put my bridge/highway tolls on my Cap1 Visa. I refill the account that's linked to the transponder device at $20 increments, and with our travel patterns, that usually happens every 4-5 weeks.

(edited for typo)

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 22 of 27
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

I have a handful of monthly automatic payments spread out among the cards that would otherwise be sock-drawered.  I started doing this after having a couple of accounts closed or CLIs decreased due to inactivity.  These include earthquake insurance, utility bills, Netflix, cell, and landline.  Problem is that my score is lower than usual because I have a large number of accounts with balances.  Sometimes I try to PIF them all to improve both utilization and number of accounts with balances, but usually I let it slide.  If I have the need for new credit in the future, I'll put most of these cards on ice give my score a boost.

Message 23 of 27
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Lel wrote:

I have a handful of monthly automatic payments spread out among the cards that would otherwise be sock-drawered.  I started doing this after having a couple of accounts closed or CLIs decreased due to inactivity.  These include earthquake insurance, utility bills, Netflix, cell, and landline.  Problem is that my score is lower than usual because I have a large number of accounts with balances.  Sometimes I try to PIF them all to improve both utilization and number of accounts with balances, but usually I let it slide.  If I have the need for new credit in the future, I'll put most of these cards on ice give my score a boost.

Thank you! That answered the question I was going to post... I was wondering *why* bother putting a small charge on a CC and paying it, if it's going to report as ZERO balance on the CR anyway (since that won't affect your score). Seems like a lot of juggling around. I didn't know that CCCs would cancel or cut your CL just because you don't use the card for a while. Punative bunch, aren't they? Smiley Surprised

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 24 of 27
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

@Lel wrote:

Thank you! That answered the question I was going to post... I was wondering *why* bother putting a small charge on a CC and paying it, if it's going to report as ZERO balance on the CR anyway (since that won't affect your score). Seems like a lot of juggling around. I didn't know that CCCs would cancel or cut your CL just because you don't use the card for a while. Punative bunch, aren't they? Smiley Surprised

I'm going to guess it has more to do with them watching their bottom line?  If someone didn't use my card, I wouldn't want to expend funds to maintain the account.  Or I might want to reduce my risk exposure on that account.  Business as usual!  Smiley Very Happy

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Message 25 of 27
Highlighted
Valued Member

I find the proverbial pack of gum too lavish an expenditure, let alone Lindt truffles. Purchases of single zinc-coated quarter inch hex nuts from Home Depot proved very handy in Discover's 0%-APR-for-life-as-long-as-you-make-three-purchases-a-month days. I have since stopped collecting the nuts and switched to fruits and vegetables. Single pieces of them work very well, especially at automated checkout lanes. 

Message 26 of 27
Highlighted
Established Contributor

"Purchases of single zinc-coated quarter inch hex nuts"

Now, THAT's thrifty!