Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question on CITI and Home Depot

tag
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

A question on CITI and Home Depot

Ok, yet another question...  I app'd Citi earlier in Feb (trying to get toe in with prime ccc) and was declined - ooh, big surprise.  I've got big home projects coming up and have seen that Home Depot has approved old BK's so I gave it a shot.  Has anyone on here been approved for Home Depot (through Citi) post-BK?

....I got the "needs further processing" message and am curious about other folks' experiences...

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: A question on CITI and Home Depot

I am not sure if Citi is Bk Friendly.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thre's a great sticky thread at the top of the page in yellow, marked BK Friendly cc's:

You should take a looky at it. It also applies to those with low to mid 600's FICO scores, imo.

Message 3 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

I've been through the BK-friendly thread and a couple of others that have similiar feedback, but so far haven't found anything on the Home Depot store card.  It's interesting though - I have the Macy's card through a subsidiary of Citi... but the app never mentioned anything about Citi.  I checked the disclosures pamphlet and sure enough, there it was - mentioned as the parent company of the issuer.

By contrast, the Home Depot store card is directly issued through Citi. 

As with my other app to BofA, it will be interesting to see what happens with this.  The scientist in me is dying of curiosity to know what will happen.  The gardener is just sitting back - either way, Home Depot gets my business.  It'd be nice to do a bit more credit building while I'm fixing up the yard.... but I'm philosophical...  (curious, but philosophical!)

Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to call BoA tomorrow to check on the status. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

so calling them once an hour is out?

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOLROTF! I like the way you talk. Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

It's my sense of humor that is keeping me going...   Why, Oh Why, wasn't I given patience????

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a learned trait they teach in school. I had to retake that course 3 times before I passed. Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 22
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Obviously I was out sick when that subject came up.

I think I'm going to be impatient and just call Home Depot and ask.  Sometimes you just want to KNOW!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.