Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A sign of things to come??? check out this discover balance transfer offer

tag
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

A sign of things to come??? check out this discover balance transfer offer

thats right, discover is offering me 1.99% till sometime in 2010 with get this 5% balance transfer fee. man that hurts. I don't need the offer but wow, i thought 4% was bad.

However on a good note, Discover has done away with over limit credit fee.... =)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: A sign of things to come??? check out this discover balance transfer offer

@y0rascal wrote:

thats right, discover is offering me 1.99% till sometime in 2010 with get this 5% balance transfer fee. man that hurts. I don't need the offer but wow, i thought 4% was bad.

However on a good note, Discover has done away with over limit credit fee.... =)

BT's are no fun since the injection of the transfer fees. I remember when I was able to transfer money to savings account with no BT fee until the BT rate expire.  I hope those days come back.  

Message 2 of 5
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I was going to post something about the recent Discover balance transfer offers.  I noticed yesterday that I had a 3.99% offer for six months with a 5% transfer fee (no max).  I just received some convenience checks in the mail today for the same deal and I put them in the paper shredder.

I called Discover Card yesterday to talk about the offer and the rep told me they decided to start offering balance transfer deals to their customers after cutting them back four months ago.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 3 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They so didn't offer them that they changed the tab on the website to "Savings Accounts". I have a "Balance Transfer" tab back as of yesterday but no offer. I stopped caring when they changed their BT fee to 4%. I just used my last 0% BT offer (Citi) and have a totally separate account at PenFed for this with a 2.5% BT fee and 5.99% rate if I really feel the need. (Which I won't!)
Message 4 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@y0rascal wrote:

Wow, that's the highest I've seen.  Citi still sends monthly BT offers to my wife and myself (I've got a Citi Platinum Select and she's got a Citi Diamond Preferred) with a 3% fee; we feed those along with the various pre-approved offers (Cap One sends each of us at least one offer per month; neither of us has ever done business with them) to the shredder.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.