Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A small group of strategic apps

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: A small group of strategic apps

Congrats!  I am betting on 3 for 3 however.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 14
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Thanks!  I have never experienced this before.  I really think there is a lot to be said for being strategic in how you app.  Back when I was starting the rebuilding process, it was a lot tougher to get those approvals.  Once I hear back from Citi, it's into the garden I go.  I hear they have good food! Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Quick note regarding the pulls and number of INQs, in case this information will help others:  AMEX pulled EX (no surprise there) and I did have a 8 INQs from the last 12 months, with 3 being mortgage.  Citi pulled EQ, which had 9 INQs, including 3 mortgage and 3 Direct Loans (yay, grad plus... sigh).  BofA pulled TU, which had 4 INQs - 3 mortgage and 1 Key Bank.

Couldn't be more happy that each one hit a different bureau. 

Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)

Message 13 of 14
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Follow up!  Yes, it was 3 for 3.  We've been in the middle of moving and settling into our new home, so I didn't have time to follow up.  I decided that I'd just forget about it and wait to hear back.  Today I received the email that I was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred, $6,500 CL.  So I have finally broken through the $5000 CL barrier.   With the new house we also needed curtains (and the associated hardware), plus several other things for the house.  I wanted to use the 0% financing at either Lowe's or Home Depot, so I applied with each one (as I didn't know which would be approved).  I was approved for both - $6000 Lowe's and $8000 with HD.  The Lowe's financing turned out to be best option for the assorted things we needed and they had the curtains/window coverings we wanted, so we went with them.  I'll charge some of the small items I need for our yard on the HD account so it gets usage, but right now it won't have any major projects charged to it until the Lowe's purchase is paid off.

I'm firmly in the garden after this experience.  Oh...  and the Zync is pretty, plus I have the Lowe's gift card from it so we'll be picking up a few more things needed for projects here at the house. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.