Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A surprising Amex Zync Approval!!!

tag
paul26

A surprising Amex Zync Approval!!!

Hello all!

I applied for the Amex zync today and was APPROVED instantly with NPSL!

Im very surprised with this because i have a very short credit history with alot of inquiries.

Credit lines:

Capital One Secured $70/$300 opened Dec 2011

NFCU Cash rewards $0/500 opened Jul 2012

Amex Skymiles (Authorized User) opened Aug 2012 $692/$4000

According to CreditKarma i have only 8 months total revolving credit

I have been denied about 4 times within the past 6 months

I am so happy to OFFCIALLY be a part of the Amex family!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: A surprising Amex Zync Approval!!!

Awesome, grats!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

It's possible the AU status on the AMEX helped your approval.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Well done!! Gives me extra motivation.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 4 of 14
ntx
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the new AMEX!

FICO 8 as of March 27, 2024:
Message 5 of 14
ali5541
Valued Member

Congrats. I also got approved however, I got stuck with a $500 pre-set spending limit. Smiley Tongue

Still, more than I'll ever need for a Charge Card. Anything more and it is up to my chase freedom.

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 6 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Nah OP, you're right in line with Zync approvals, the repeated denials resulting in inquiries is the only eyebrow-raising thing, and those might not have been on your EX report anyway.

I don't know where everyone has gotten this one year thing stuck in their heads, when I started reading this forum in Dec/Jan people were routinely getting Zyncs with six months history, and if anything Amex has probably loosened their criteria.

In any event, congrats!  Starting to think maybe I have a legit shot at a Zync in a few months.

        
Message 7 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Nah OP, you're right in line with Zync approvals, the repeated denials resulting in inquiries is the only eyebrow-raising thing, and those might not have been on your EX report anyway.

I don't know where everyone has gotten this one year thing stuck in their heads, when I started reading this forum in Dec/Jan people were routinely getting Zyncs with six months history, and if anything Amex has probably loosened their criteria.

In any event, congrats!  Starting to think maybe I have a legit shot at a Zync in a few months.

To get NPSL they are looking for good history and score. They didnt approve me until my scores were over 670.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

To get NPSL they are looking for good history and score. They didnt approve me until my scores were over 670.

I mean no offense my friend, but you were an outlier on this forum, let alone compared to the vast sum of humanity out there.

Your approval process was nowhere close to the norm, people are indeed getting NPSL cards without anywhere close to what you went through.

        
Message 9 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats!

whats your EX score?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.