cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very disturbing conversation with Cap1 Account Manager...

tag
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: A very disturbing conversation with Cap1 Account Manager...

@squeezycheeze69 wrote:

Sorry for the delay, let me elaborate...

Yes, it is her oldest card, & thus it will be with her forever.

It isn't that we need more than $7500, it's the fact that every other creditor on the planet gives us better.  & the rewards suck, but they won't let us change he program

to a new CC.

Basically, they fight us tooth & nail on everything we have ever assked for, so I am kinda on a mission.

It's not so much playing the "credit game", it's a personal vendetta against this **bleep** company to finally admit they are wrong.

What does her/yalls income look like? It may be that yeah you have other cards with $20k+ limits, but if your combined income is less than your total amount of available credit, Capital One has decided that they are not willing to extend any more credit for fear that you may over extend yourselves. I'm not saying this is the case, just an example.

I have been through the Capital One deal (oldest card, $1500 limit for 6-7 years, finally got a massive CLI through the EO), so I understand your frustration. Keep in mind though that no one is entitled to any amount of credit with any company, and they are not wrong for not extending more credit.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 31 of 37
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I never liked Cap1 at all, when I was Credit less I tried I get a secure card from hem, went to the branch at NYC and I was completely ignore.. No help or what ever wasted 30mins of waiting.. The workers there only chatted to themselves.. Maybe that's why I don't really see actually anyone going into cap1 branch

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 32 of 37
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@squeezycheeze69 wrote:

Sorry for the delay, let me elaborate...

Yes, it is her oldest card, & thus it will be with her forever.

It isn't that we need more than $7500, it's the fact that every other creditor on the planet gives us better.  & the rewards suck, but they won't let us change he program

to a new CC.

Basically, they fight us tooth & nail on everything we have ever assked for, so I am kinda on a mission.

It's not so much playing the "credit game", it's a personal vendetta against this **bleep** company to finally admit they are wrong.

Any updates? Good luck!

Message 33 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Squeezy: this is actually not uncommon and it's not limited to Cap One. I know it's typically done by what product you have now, but other lenders have done so as well.

Chase was notorious for this on their default Freedom cards that they converted WAMU and most other acquired credit cards into. It's possible they've had over a hundred different versions and depending which one you got, dictated your product maximums and PC-ability (sometimes none) nearly a decade later in the WAMU example.

Lenders design some limitations into their products; it doesn't make much sense to us as the consumer, but it's reality.

An "anchor" card at $7500 is nothing to sneeze at. I know plenty of people who have similar with a 300-400 credit line.

If the EO helps, fantastic; however, if they don't, just let it go. It's seriously not hurting your wife's credit at all.

        
Message 34 of 37
rob3gd
Established Member

Can someone please PM me the EO address, thanks.

Message 35 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@rob3gd wrote:

Can someone please PM me the EO address, thanks.

Sent 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 36 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:
Squeezy: this is actually not uncommon and it's not limited to Cap One. I know it's typically done by what product you have now, but other lenders have done so as well.

Chase was notorious for this on their default Freedom cards that they converted WAMU and most other acquired credit cards into. It's possible they've had over a hundred different versions and depending which one you got, dictated your product maximums and PC-ability (sometimes none) nearly a decade later in the WAMU example.

Lenders design some limitations into their products; it doesn't make much sense to us as the consumer, but it's reality.

An "anchor" card at $7500 is nothing to sneeze at. I know plenty of people who have similar with a 300-400 credit line.

If the EO helps, fantastic; however, if they don't, just let it go. It's seriously not hurting your wife's credit at all.

+1

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.