cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A while ago amex offered $150 for upgrading BCE to BCP, but never credited me with that bonus

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

A while ago amex offered $150 for upgrading BCE to BCP, but never credited me with that bonus

A while ago amex offered $150 if i upgrade my BCE to BCP, i was charged for annual membership fee a month ago, but I still have not gotten the $150.. I don't remember the spending requirement, but i am pretty sure i was much over it.. i put at least 6k charge after upgrading it..

i saw my offer on my account then i chatted with an agent.. what i should NOT have done was having that person upgrade for me.. i don't know if this caused me not getting the bonus... i specifically asked some questions regarding to this offer before went ahead and did it.. i have to say that agent was kinda isrresponsible. He calculated the first annual fee that would be charged for me in Jan, said it would be around $16 - ish.. but i actually got charged for $80 something.. and still did not see my bonus..

anyone knows about this situation?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A while ago amex offered $150 for upgrading BCE to BCP, but never credited me with that bonus

Amex has records of all chats so they should be able to pull the amount they quoted you for switching.

As for the bonus I would call about that.
Message 2 of 11
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: A while ago amex offered $150 for upgrading BCE to BCP, but never credited me with that bonus

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex has records of all chats so they should be able to pull the amount they quoted you for switching.

As for the bonus I would call about that.

do you remember what was the offer's spending requirement? and did it say when the bonus would be credited?

i wonder if anyone else upgraded their card also did not receive the bonus yet..

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christina_xyt wrote:

A while ago amex offered $150 if i upgrade my BCE to BCP, i was charged for annual membership fee a month ago, but I still have not gotten the $150.. I don't remember the spending requirement, but i am pretty sure i was much over it.. i put at least 6k charge after upgrading it..

i saw my offer on my account then i chatted with an agent.. what i should NOT have done was having that person upgrade for me.. i don't know if this caused me not getting the bonus... i specifically asked some questions regarding to this offer before went ahead and did it.. i have to say that agent was kinda isrresponsible. He calculated the first annual fee that would be charged for me in Jan, said it would be around $16 - ish.. but i actually got charged for $80 something.. and still did not see my bonus..

It's probably $150 CB after $1k spend.  That's what mine was.

There was a link in the email.  The link didn't work, so I chatted with a rep, who was unable to access the offer, so he told me to call in, and they would take care of me.

When I called in, they originally said I qualified for $100.  When I said I had an email for $150, I read off the code in the email, and they (supposedly, will have to see after I hit the spend) were able to get me that offer.

Sucks that you didn't get it, OP, but from what I hear about AMEX, they are good about going back and honouring their deals.  You just have to talk to the correct person.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 11
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

There was a link in the email.  The link didn't work, so I chatted with a rep, who was unable to access the offer, so he told me to call in, and they would take care of me.

When I called in, they originally said I qualified for $100.  When I said I had an email for $150, I read off the code in the email, and they (supposedly, will have to see after I hit the spend) were able to get me that offer.

Sucks that you didn't get it, OP, but from what I hear about AMEX, they are good about going back and honouring their deals.  You just have to talk to the correct person.  Good luck.

is it better to call or can i just use chat? Would you mind telling me when you got the bonus? 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

is it better to call or can i just use chat? Would you mind telling me when you got the bonus? 

Based on those conversations I had, I would recommend calling in.  I haven't received the bonus yet, but signed up on 15 Jan 17 (picked a date that was easy to remember, after thinking about it for months). I expect to hit my spend requirements within the next couple of weeks, and will gladly share what happens when I do, but I certainly hope this is resolved in your favour long before that.

Message 6 of 11
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Based on those conversations I had, I would recommend calling in.  I haven't received the bonus yet, but signed up on 15 Jan 17 (picked a date that was easy to remember, after thinking about it for months). I expect to hit my spend requirements within the next couple of weeks, and will gladly share what happens when I do, but I certainly hope this is resolved in your favour long before that.

Thanks for the info.. kinda hate to call... Smiley Sad i guess i will chat first and then call..

Message 7 of 11
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

For anyone that wants to know what happens next..

i contacted Amex by chat..

I was told that it has to be done through the link, since my card was upgrading with an agent, it was not qualified... However, the agent found the chat history and did see that i initiated the chat because of this offer, and it was clear that i upgraded it for this offer and would never have done it otherwise.. Also, the agent that upgraded my card for me never told me that i had to do it with the link myself, which pretty much rendered the situation right now... 

So today's agent told me that she informed the manager and would send the infomation for internal review or something to try to offer what they can provide.. but it normally takes 4-6 weeks... though she expedited it for me since i was waiting for "too long" according to her... 

so won't know the result.. but she said that i could contact back in 2 weeks to follow up...

Message 8 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I've read several reports that failing to use the link will disqualify a customer from getting an online upgrade bonus (though Amex will often give something upon request).

Your situation is not unusual.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 11
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I've read several reports that failing to use the link will disqualify a customer from getting an online upgrade bonus (though Amex will often give something upon request).

Your situation is not unusual.

it was my guess that i didn't get my bonus for this reason...  however, the representative i chatted with should have told me this... i initiated the chat only for this promotion.. and that rep offered to upgrade it for me.. so.. doesn't this seem like Amex's fault though??

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.