Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA Advantage 50k vs USAirways 50k promo

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: AA Advantage 50k vs USAirways 50k promo

Got both. Absolutely worth it. 100K will get 2 RT tickets and 1 one way ticket from SFO to London in economy. Nonstop flights, some on British Airways, a partner airline.

Totally stoked about these! Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 42
onstar
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ya know, I always autosign up for paperless statements, and yet I haven't got shiz from barclay Smiley Sad

anyway, i'm thinkin' about purchasing those discounted miles now... then I can have 100k miles. should be enough for business class to europe

This has worked for some, but if you opt out of paperless statements, and reselect it again later, you may receive or trigger the promo.

Damn, I never got the $25 promo because I selected paperless statements at sign up. I just opted out. I'll see if I get the $25 offer to go back to paperless.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 22 of 42
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Got both. Absolutely worth it. 100K will get 2 RT tickets and 1 one way ticket from SFO to London in economy. Nonstop flights, some on British Airways, a partner airline.

Totally stoked about these! Smiley LOL

Flying on Cathay is even better imo :-) 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Joedtx,

The Venture and Arrival+ are really cash back cards. The bonuses are good, but every once in awhile they get bumped up. Don't get caught up in the Venture euphoria and wait for a better bonus on it. I've tried getting another US Air card a few times but no dice. I actually talked two of my coworkers into applying for it (and they were both approved).
Message 24 of 42
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Joedtx,

The Venture and Arrival+ are really cash back cards. The bonuses are good, but every once in awhile they get bumped up. Don't get caught up in the Venture euphoria and wait for a better bonus on it. I've tried getting another US Air card a few times but no dice. I actually talked two of my coworkers into applying for it (and they were both approved).

Thanks for the feedback I wanted to make sure I had looked at every aspect of this and now I have some concerns. Its regarding the product that will be replacing this card. Am I misinterpriting this terms and conditions but it doesn't seem like the provisions vary for example

Companion Ticket:

You will earn a domestic economy fare American Airlines Companion Certificate (the "Companion Certificate") redeemable for up to two companion tickets at $99 each (plus taxes and fees) provided that: (1) $30,000 or more in eligible Net Purchases are made with your Account during the card membership year (each 12 month period

So I would have to spend $30K to possibly get up to 2 companion $99 tickets?

Message 25 of 42
Bman70
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

I am tempted to leave the garden for these offers with AA and UsAirways for the 50k points, Is it really worth it? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

I did get both of those cards and to me us airways is definately worth it all you are really paying is about 65 dollars for the AF, and all you need to do is spend 1 dollar in addition to the AF. For me i did both because i know i want to use those aa miles to transfer to Cathay for business class RT flight to BKK. You should look at how you want to spend your miles to see if its worth it for you

$65 AF? Isn't it 89?

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 26 of 42
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

25 dollar statement credit for doing paperless statement

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 27 of 42
Kellan
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

I am tempted to leave the garden for these offers with AA and UsAirways for the 50k points, Is it really worth it? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

I did get both of those cards and to me us airways is definately worth it all you are really paying is about 65 dollars for the AF, and all you need to do is spend 1 dollar in addition to the AF. For me i did both because i know i want to use those aa miles to transfer to Cathay for business class RT flight to BKK. You should look at how you want to spend your miles to see if its worth it for you

+1 for spending them on RT Business to BKK. I will be thinking of that lovely BC seat when i am stuck in coach in two weeks.

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 28 of 42
joedtx
Valued Contributor

What about the product that this will become after the merger? Is is really the same product....I read this in the T & C

Companion Ticket:

You will earn a domestic economy fare American Airlines Companion Certificate (the "Companion Certificate") redeemable for up to two companion tickets at $99 each (plus taxes and fees) provided that: (1) $30,000 or more in eligible Net Purchases are made with your Account during the card membership year (each 12 month period

So I would have to spend $30K to possibly get up to 2 companion $99 tickets under the new product?

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joedtx wrote:

What about the product that this will become after the merger? Is is really the same product....I read this in the T & C

Companion Ticket:

So I would have to spend $30K to possibly get up to 2 companion $99 tickets under the new product?

I'm not sure what question you're asking.  They're won't be a 'new' product as far as the credit cards go.  The Barclays USAirways card will be converted to a Barclays AA card and tthe Citi  AA card will be the same.  To get the USAirways companion certificate there is no spend requirement.  Not sure what T&C you are quoting 

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.