Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA based on new TL hitting report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AA based on new TL hitting report?

I just apped Discover and was approved for the Open Road card with a CL of $2500. Now I'm wondering if I should expect any AA on my other accounts once the Discover hits my CR. I have no derogs or other baddies. Always PIF and on time. I'm concerned because I have $23K of SL's and my annual income is only $15K (I'm a full-time student). Yet with all my CC's together, my available credit is now nearly $37K...

Has anyone had any AA lately that they think might be due to a new TL?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: AA based on new TL hitting report?

You should be OK but I would chill on the apps. Congrats on the new card.
Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
You should be OK but I would chill on the apps. Congrats on the new card.

+1
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

+2

I've never had AA for adding a TL, and my total CL is waaaay over my annual income.

You'll be fine. Just sit back, let them cook, stay on top of them, and let your AAoA grow. My guess is that at this point in your credit, you'll do best to do nothing at all, other than be responsible with your credit. Sounds like by the time you graduate, you'll be in great shape when it's time to move for that new job, get an apartment and furniture, and do the other things that are made so much easier when you have good credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.