Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA from Discover? I’m shocked!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AA from Discover? I’m shocked!

So a lot of my balances have been creeping because I’m saving more $$$ for another house. My DTI is low so no issues there but a lot of my cards are creeping around 60% UTIL.

Low and behold I checked today and discover balance chased me. My CL is $1500 and I paid $500 on it to a $1000. I used it some before realizing they took it to $1200.

I was shocked. I immediately called and told them to pump the brakes. I explained the situation that I’m in the process of buying a second property and most of my money being saved is going towards that. (Basically saving 8,000 over 4 months)

Shockingly she was like well let me review it now as it’s being done auto. She said hey yeah you’ve never been late, make large payments so no issues there. She restored my original credit limit. I was very happy about that and hats off to discover on their customer service
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: AA from Discover? I’m shocked!

Frontline  CSR was able to handle that?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear they were able to restore the CL, but the AA is not shocking per se.  While these forums may not see an abundance of Discover AA instances (save for a recent sprinkle of them), they do happen.   Evidently, it appears recent shifts in credit behavior definitely flagged your profile.

Message 3 of 11
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Glad they were able to restore your limit Op!!!

A happy ending at last!

Message 4 of 11
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the reversal. IMHO count your blessing that you got a very accommodating CSR because it could have easily gone the other way. I hope you view this as a sign to not use the Disco again until you get it to at least <48.9%, preferably <28.9%, if for nothing else than peace of mind so it won’t happen again.

Just my 2cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Oh wow, good for you calling in and mo'better the csr was awesome.  You can flush that AA down the toilet now, shew!  Smiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had AA on Disco once about 2 years back. They balance chased me once after it had been maxed for a few months.

They chased me from $2,500 to........ $2,440.

Yep $60. That was it. Since then I've had a single DD CLI to $3,440 and it's SD as I use my Chase FU for daily spend mostly.

Message 8 of 11
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

I had a 3,500 dollar balance and Discover cut me limit down to 3,700 from 21,000 but one quick call and my limit was restored. Never getting rid of my Discover. Best customer service in the credit card world.

As of 11/28/2018
Message 9 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

Frontline  CSR was able to handle that?

Not uncommon. Amex front reps have same empowerment.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.