cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AARP credit card from Chase - no longer available?

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: AARP credit card from Chase - no longer available?

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

AARP has signed a deal for Barclays to administer the AARP credit card from this point forward.

Chase has sold its portfolio of AARP cards to Barclays.

As if getting old were not terrible enough already.

Indeed.

I had shed my Barclay Ring card some time ago regrettably which i took great pains to finally be approved for merely coz i was spooked by a period whereby a topic thread in the forums was clocking in with CLD's left & right. At the time i just felt that it was prudent to be proactive and didnt need the hassle many others went thru. Some with seemingly excellent profiles.

That said i had previous card accounts with Barclays in good standing w/decent history and they was one of my very first main bankcard approvals along with US Bank when i first began building the profile.

And now that said, my Chase Freedom and CSP were long held good solid accounts as well. I really wanted to bite on the AARP when the action was hot at the time but kept holding off.

So anybody's guess now that since Barclays is sponsoring it what change in approval chances AND/OR bonuses might be IMO.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.