Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Increased for Capital One AU!

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

AAoA Increased for Capital One AU!

My mother is 60 years old and never had a credit card in her life. She never owned property and never owed a car. She has been employed by the same company for 15 years. I provide her with an additional $1500 a month to help with bills. She was headed on a church trip to Florida last month and I wanted to be sure she had a credit card in case she encountered any issues on the road. With her approval, I applied for a credit card in her name. She was declined. I signed her up for MyFico and with her approval, I ran her credit to see what the problem was. Her credit score was 530. Never held a credit card. The only thing that was on her report was when she didn't pay a $600 medical bill. Last month, I added her as an authorized user on my Capital One account. the credit line for that card is $4,500. Today, she received an alert that her score has changed. Thanks to me adding her as an AU on CapOne card, her  score is now 631 and she has my CapOne history. Her AAoA went from 0 to 4.2 years. I had no idea that would happen. 

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: AAoA Increased for Capital One AU!

Yes, and as long as she remains on that account with you, she will continue to enjoy sharing the CL, utliization, and AAoA.  As the card ages, so does her AAoA. I did that for my mom several years ago, because she is old school where cash is king for everything.  She still has the card to this day, but very rarely uses it, no matter how much i tell her to buy something she wants.  She is 75 now, and doesn't feel the need to start off with credit this late in life, but that's a different story.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.