cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGhhh. DCU reported a balance of $1500 on my CC when in fact it is $0.

tag
Girac
Regular Contributor

AGhhh. DCU reported a balance of $1500 on my CC when in fact it is $0.

Normally I would not care, but I have restarted the refinance  process.  When I log into DCu the balance is confirmed to $0. 

This bumps my total utilization from 15 to 17%. Whats up with this?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AGhhh. DCU reported a balance of $1500 on my CC when in fact it is $0.

Was the balance $0 when your latest statement closed? With very few exceptions, most card issuers will report the statement balance to the CRAs each month.
Message 2 of 23
Girac
Regular Contributor

Yes, the 1500 balance was paid off on 9/1, then a few days later paid the $6.62 interest off. The statement closes on the 15th so suprised to see that this is reported like this. The statement should have closed on the 9/15.  Oh well. 

Message 3 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Girac wrote:

Normally I would not care, but I have restarted the refinance  process.  When I log into DCu the balance is confirmed to $0. 

My DCU reporting has been helter skelter for months now.

EQ hasn't been updated for 3 months or so.  My EX updated a month late.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU is worse than Synchrony with reporting unfortunately. I would call and see if you can get someone to off cycle report for you although honestly I wouldn’t think that 2% is going to make a large difference in anything either way.
Message 5 of 23
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Girac wrote:

My DCU reporting has been helter skelter for months now.

EQ hasn't been updated for 3 months or so.  My EX updated a month late.

This ^^^^ Check the "date reported" on your credit report for the DCU card, I'll bet it's a August or even July balance. My EQ report still has my June balance for my DCU car loan, TU has my July balance.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and DCU hasn’t reported since June on EQ, July on TU and EX.
Message 7 of 23
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I don't think the two percentage points will mean anything. But another account with a non-zero balance might.

The only suggestion I can think of to avoid uncertainty is to not use this card during the refinance process.

Message 8 of 23
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

My DCU visa doesn’t report on the statement date. It has always reported at the end of the month. It really messed with my planning until I realized this. I assume this is the case with you as well, which means your payment came a day too late. Doesn’t help that DCU has been all over the place with their reporting, but my last reported balance currently seems to be 08/31/19.

Message 9 of 23
cr101
Established Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:
My DCU visa doesn’t report on the statement date. It has always reported at the end of the month. It really messed with my planning until I realized this. 

Exact same thing happened to me. I never noticed when they report bc I had never used the card. I took advantage of the balance transfer offer with the intent of paying off some of it before statement cut. i did just that and was shocked when they reported allll of it. put my util at 77%. two reps just confirmed that they report whatever the balance is on the last day of the month.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.