cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGhhh. DCU reported a balance of $1500 on my CC when in fact it is $0.

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: AGhhh. DCU reported a balance of $1500 on my CC when in fact it is $0.

@Revelate wrote:

I've paid DCU accounts (auto loan, HELOC) both by remote ACH and by wire transfer (when I got free access to those).

can you explain how you did it for the auto loan, including the account number format? when did you set this up and did they give you any issues? i've contacted them about different payment methods aside from the dcu transfer that they want you to do, and i've always gotten pushback. they really want you to use their checking account to make payments.

have any of you seen your dcu data updated over the past few days? one of their reps told me that they report on the last business day, not day, of the month and that it can take up to 30 days to reflect on the reports. 

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I've paid DCU accounts (auto loan, HELOC) both by remote ACH and by wire transfer (when I got free access to those).

can you explain how you did it for the auto loan, including the account number format? when did you set this up and did they give you any issues? i've contacted them about different payment methods aside from the dcu transfer that they want you to do, and i've always gotten pushback. they really want you to use their checking account to make payments.

have any of you seen your dcu data updated over the past few days? one of their reps told me that they report on the last business day, not day, of the month and that it can take up to 30 days to reflect on the reports. 

You can set up external transfer accounts pretty easily in the app. 

Open app. Hit Pay > Add/Manage Accounts under Payment Center and hit the Add Account button. DCU will ask you for the info and do the test deposit and withdrawal stuff and then you make payments from that account by hitting Pay > Make A Payment. 

I have used my DCU account this way for a year. You even can draw from external FIs and deposit into their checking or savings this way which is nice because NFCU requires either a push from the other FI or a check deposit or P2P transfer like Zelle or Google Pay. 

And no, my DCU balance hasn't updated on the bureaus yet. Some months they don't report at all. I'm hoping that's not the case this month. 

Message 22 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cr101 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

That last part is just standard lender verbiage, bureau too actually.  My DCU accounts have been at $0 for a while but according to Experian both updated in January 2020.  

They changed it now to member number -AccountID which is a lot better than the S1/L1 crap they had before.

I do know if you just use the member number and the usual routing code it lands in your primary share account for say a wire transfer in: for moving money to DCU this is reasonable since they credit balances literally as soon as you hit the transfer button between accounts.  Two steps but not terrible.  I would assume ACHs inbound are similar.

I don't have access to the UCI tuition payment system anymore or I would go look at the account number there for the ACH off the HELOC if I could though their account numbers have changed format.

Apologies it is awkward but doable.

        
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.