Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AKC Visa card and pet insurance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AKC Visa card and pet insurance?

You should add him to the 'Pets' thread.
Super cute. My little guy's name is Steev. I've had trouble uploading his pic to the thread but he has an Instagram account (I don't do social media but he does). 😂
Message 11 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 he has an Instagram account (I don't do social media but he does). 😂

LMAO!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 12 of 26
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

I have had nationwide pet insurance since my german shepard lab mix was 8 weeks old.  Orignially I had the "cadillac plan" which covered everything with a deductible and co-pay.  It worked the first year with all the vet visits and having her spayed.  The premiums went up significantly the second year, so I changed to a lessor comprehensive plan, it doesn't cover routine vet visits.  It worked when she had a blockage earlier this year.  She had xrays, blood work and needed to stay at the vet hospital for 2 nights.  Fortunately no surgery was needed, but the bill was over $800 for which the insurance paid 90%.  Either plan is not cheap, but it has worked for me.

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 13 of 26
Hex
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to find out ahead of time if it will have the correct code because I am planing to pay off the balance for the year (about $900). When I charged the initial deposit to my PenFed card (before I was approved for the AKC card) it described it as: Nationwide Pet Ins. but no code is listed. I was hoping someone here might have done it already. I can't make a test partial payment because it only allows monthly automatic payments or pay the balance in full. I just got the AKC card and the pet insurance but unfortunately the AKC card is due on the 19th and the insurance bills on the 21st. I think if I use the AKC card I won't be able to avoid it reporting a balance and I don't want it to. Unfortunately both the AKC card and the pet insurance have non-changeable due dates so I'm stuck with the dates. I thought if I paid in full I could control when the payment is made (so it won't report a balance) but I don't want to charge that much and wind up with only 1%. that's why I wondering in anyone else has done it. I registered Pablo's ID chip online and although it wasn't a pet store or vet it coded for 3%. I'm just going add this photo for the 5 people out there who haven't seen it already:

Blueberry Muffin or Chihuahua?

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03594/Chihuahua_or_muffi_3594879b.jpg

Message 14 of 26
Hex
Valued Contributor

@Winesnoblv wrote:

I have had nationwide pet insurance since my german shepard lab mix was 8 weeks old.  Orignially I had the "cadillac plan" which covered everything with a deductible and co-pay.  It worked the first year with all the vet visits and having her spayed.  The premiums went up significantly the second year, so I changed to a lessor comprehensive plan, it doesn't cover routine vet visits.  It worked when she had a blockage earlier this year.  She had xrays, blood work and needed to stay at the vet hospital for 2 nights.  Fortunately no surgery was needed, but the bill was over $800 for which the insurance paid 90%.  Either plan is not cheap, but it has worked for me.

I had Nationwide when my dog Hector was dying of heart failure. It was the major medical with wellness plan not the 90% plan you have. The insurance paid about $6K of the $15K of bills that accumulated his final 6 months (He maxed out the payments for heart problems). Now I have the 90% plan like you do. Nationwide was good to me with my last dog so I signed up again just the with the better plan.

Message 15 of 26
Hex
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Hex 

Have you had this card long?  How do you like? (rewards and all)

It arrived in the mail this month (July 20th). So far I like it. You can cash in your rewards for a statement credit at full value. You are also able to put a custom picture (your own dog) on the card or select a picture with the breed of your choice on it. 2% on groceries, 3% on pet stores and veterinary clinics/hospitals. 1% on everything else. It gave me 3% off when I registered Pablo's ID chip online even though it wasn't a pet shop.

Message 16 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

OP:

I have Nationwide for two of my dogs and it is not coded for 3x points on my AKC card. I only get 1x points for insurance...so that should answer your question. Chewy, on the other hand does (for all those necessary treats and toys) Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 26
Hex
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the answer. At least one less thing to think about. The vet bills are what I’m really after anyway. Thinking about trying Chewy.
Message 18 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Hex wrote:
Has anyone with this card used it to pay for pet insurance? Did it code for 3% rewards for pet insurance? Has anyone used it for Nationwide Pet Insurance? Thanks!

Does this card generally start off with a high sl? (5k, in that ballpark)  Also,  how many Comenity cards do you possess?

Message 19 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Hex wrote:

I'm trying to find out ahead of time if it will have the correct code

I'll ask my dil...she runs a vet.  DS just got the care credit card so I'll try to get info. on both.

This is Hoover, I call him DashDawg...He likes riding on dash of Motorhome.  Hoover  "Dash Dawg" St. George Island

He is a true cross-eyed dog....he walks like mush mouth ( a little jive in his step) and bumps into everything. He's a rescue, got him the day I got my leg cast removed and could drive.  I looked at him for a week online at the Humane Society.  His daddy died, old man, he wouldn't eat, bit everyone.  I walked in a said, I'm here to adopt Hoover.  They said he could not be adopted he's too aggressive.  I talked the trainer into bringing him into the private room. She said, don't talk, sit still on this sofa and let him approach you.  She let him in, I said, Come here Hoover!  He jumped in my lap, crying, licking my chin, we hugged....I dang near cried.  I got up, carried out front, he sat on counter while I filled out paper work.  The trainer said we were a match made in heaven.....one week later they call, for the old man's wife to make sure Hoover was fine.  Then they called again one month later.  The old man's wife was so happy and me too!  The old man named him Hoover after the vacuum cleaner.  My DH calls him Herbie Hoov.  

Hoover "Herbie Hoov"

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.