Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 181 Day Auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 181 Day Auto CLI?

Ok, I thought I would ask the question before doing anything. I have read on the forum that AMEX is like CLOCKWORK, does an Auto CLI at 181 days or is it you can request a CLI at 181 days? Currently, I have the AMEX Delta Gold and AMEX Everyday both at $1k... I would love a bump on the CL for my AMEX Everyday as it's at 189 days and not seen any movement... 

Any guidance would be appreciated...

11 REPLIES 11
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 181 Day Auto CLI?

It is not automatic. I recommend you requesting it. It does not hurt and you do not get a hard inquiry.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointsBonus wrote:
It is not automatic. I recommend you requesting it. It does not hurt and you do not get a hard inquiry.

Thanks... Any idea on an amount that might get approved... On $1k now

Message 3 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Probably only 2x the limit. 3x every 181 after that.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first auto cli at around the first year mark. It was around 3X (from 3k to 9k)....but I was putting pretty consistent spend on the card of over $500 a month during that time.

Message 5 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP
I would ask for $3K, especially if you hadn’t asked for anything at your 61-day mark and your scores have remained the same or increased.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No autos unless you are super lucky. 3x is always recommended when you ask, unless you already have super high limit. They usually give it or counter if you are eligble to receive one.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I thought I would ask the question before doing anything. I have read on the forum that AMEX is like CLOCKWORK, does an Auto CLI at 181 days or is it you can request a CLI at 181 days? Currently, I have the AMEX Delta Gold and AMEX Everyday both at $1k... I would love a bump on the CL for my AMEX Everyday as it's at 189 days and not seen any movement... 

Any guidance would be appreciated...

American Express CLIs are not automatic and they are also not like "clockwork."  You are eligible to request a CLI every 180 days but they can, and occassionally are, denied if Amex thinks your current credit line is sufficient.  The maximum CLI Amex will increase is 3X your current limit.  Also note that you can only apply for an increase on one card every 180 days.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold up. You can request a CLI from AmEx after 60 days?
Message 9 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hold up. You can request a CLI from AmEx after 60 days?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.