cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 2 hard Pulls on Separate Days for Delta Gold?

tag
Caribsa89
Contributor

AMEX 2 hard Pulls on Separate Days for Delta Gold?

My Mother asked me to apply for the Delta Gold Card for her and I did on 01/23. AMEX pulled Experian and she was approved right away for 10K.  I received the e-mails that evening and set up her account the next day.  This morning when she got home (my Mom is a nurse and she works the night shift 10PM to 7AM), she wanted me to look at an alert she received from her credit monitoring company.  AMEX did another hard pull yesterday 01/25 but this time Transunion. Has that happen to anyone else?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX 2 hard Pulls on Separate Days for Delta Gold?

From what I read on this forum Amex did two pulls to few people. TU and EX not sure if at the same time or at two different days.You might want to search the forum and you'll find the posts.

Message 2 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yes, in some cases Amex will pull both EX and TU.   Not sure why the discrepancy in dates though, it could be a reporting glitch.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 10
Caribsa89
Contributor

@Red1Blue - I did search and all of them stated that they applied for a 2nd card expecting to be approved by the same hard pull but received a 2nd one; which My Mom did not.

Message 4 of 10
Caribsa89
Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Yes, in some cases Amex will pull both EX and TU.   Not sure why the discrepancy in dates though, it could be a reporting glitch.

OK, that would make sense.  We were just not expeting the alert after the account set-up. 

Message 5 of 10
bigseegar
Established Contributor

That's actually very common for AmEx and new cards

Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's hardly "very common" but can happen with borderline approvals where EX and TU are pulled, but also, Clarity. 

Message 7 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They pull Ex and can SP TU. As mentioned above, in some situations two hard pulls will be made.

Message 8 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They hardpulled EX and TU for me, though not on separate days.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 10
JustJay119
Regular Contributor

@Caribsa89 wrote:

My Mother asked me to apply for the Delta Gold Card for her and I did on 01/23. AMEX pulled Experian and she was approved right away for 10K.  I received the e-mails that evening and set up her account the next day.  This morning when she got home (my Mom is a nurse and she works the night shift 10PM to 7AM), she wanted me to look at an alert she received from her credit monitoring company.  AMEX did another hard pull yesterday 01/25 but this time Transunion. Has that happen to anyone else?

Funny enough I also applied for Amex for my mom on 1/23 and she was double pulled, EX and TU. She got an alert same day that EX was pulled and another on the 25th that TU was pulled but that is just a delay with Experian online profiles reporting TU alerts. When I logged onto her TU account, the pull was indeed done on the 23. Again, there is a delay with Experian reporting alerts from other bureaus. 

Current

AU

Banking

Scores 10/15/21
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.