Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX $25 "Shop Small" Statement Credit

anyone else get their credits yet?

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 71 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never got an email thanking me for small but got my small biz credit promptly.

Message 72 of 81
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

anyone else get their credits yet?

I had to send them an email to get 2 of the four credits.  but i got them all now

Message 73 of 81
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

I received mine a couple of days ago,. Smiley Happy

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 74 of 81
chan85
Established Contributor

Never got the confirmation email. I purposely searched for a place to go use my AMEX when I got off work on Saturday since all the places I knew were small bizs were closed by that time. On their website it listed a Payless Shoe store at my area mall! I checked it like 3 times because I didn't get how a national shoe store would be considered for small business saturday but figured it may be a privately owned location? Finally went ahead went over there to make a purchase, wanted some cheap boots anyway. I even screenshot it on my phone, showing the address because it matched what was on the receipt from the store. Wanted proof incase AMEX tried some funny business.

Last night I sent a tweet to the ask amex account on twitter and they asked me to email, so I did. They responded that that store was not eligible and that was why I didn't get the credit. I responded according to your small business saturday site, this was an eligible location and I had the screenshot to prove it. Received an automated email back saying I would get a response in 10 hours.... Let's see what happens...

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 75 of 81
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i still haven't received mine for the pet store i shoped at. kind of odd when i confirmed that it was a small business according to the small business website.

Message 76 of 81
oogy
Contributor

My $25 credit showed up on Monday.  Was really nice to take my wife to a nice local Mexican restaurant for lunch, leave a decent tip, and only pay $1 for the whole thing! (The tip brought the total up to $26)

Starting over from scratch again February 28, 2023.
I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 77 of 81
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

ok update; i did the correspondence finally, and promply received both credits. now i am a happy camper. i was hesitant to email as i figured this would be a nusiance to them. but it turns out sending them a website email is exactly what you need to do for this issue.

Message 78 of 81
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

My girlfriend and I got all 3 of our credits within 2 days of the charge being posted.

Apparently the "list" they had were not definite eligible small businesses because one I went to first didn't even take amex
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 79 of 81
oogy
Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:
My girlfriend and I got all 3 of our credits within 2 days of the charge being posted.

Apparently the "list" they had were not definite eligible small businesses because one I went to first didn't even take amex

That's weird, I assumed that was how they came up with the list on their site... I wouldn't think it would be that difficult for them to filter it to only businesses that accept their cards.  I could be wrong though, maybe it's more complicated than I'm imagining.  It is a little odd though that they would even provide a list at all if the ones on their list aren't necessarily elligible.

Starting over from scratch again February 28, 2023.
I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.