Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 60 DAY CLI WAIT CHANGE OR DID IT?

tag
razorback82
New Contributor

AMEX 60 DAY CLI WAIT CHANGE OR DID IT?

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading conflicting information about not having to wait opposed to waiting the full 60 days for an increase

The below is a conversation with a CSR.... I'm a few days away, and will just play it safe and wait. No big deal for me but could be to others.

you:Hello, are you able to tell me the exact day I was approved for my card?

Austin: Sure, Am I chatting with XXXXXX?

you: Yes

Austin: Splendid!

Austin: Your Card was opened on 01-XX-2015a

you: Great. So when can I apply for a limit increase?

Austin: You can always apply for a Limit Increase once it is more than 60 days old and either you can do that online or we can do that for you.

Austin: Because in 60 days, we are able to Track your payment and Spending Pattern which could help us in arriving at a decision.

Austin: Once you submit the Limit Increase request (Online / By Phone / By Chat), Most credit limit increase requests are given an immediate decision and if approved will be available within 15 minutes but we can’t actually commit anything about it.

Austin: And they will be counted from the date when you first used your Card

Austin: So, they will be counted from 01-XX-2015

Austin: This means you can apply for a Limit Increase post 03-XX-2015 anytime

you: perfect

Austin: Rest assured, American Express would do everything in its power to make two ends meet.

you: So to do it now is basically a auto denial?

Austin: Yes, it will be denied as you are still within 60 days

you: WOW.. I'm glad I chatted here for that  understanding

Austin: Certainly! I see that you are a new Card member, and we would like you to be comfortable using your Card

Austin: And that's Live Chat works 24/7 just for you

you: Perfect

you: Thanks Again

Austin: There is absolutely no need to thank me at all! It is our responsibility to help you!

Austin: Your satisfaction is of the highest priority for me and for American Express as well.

Austin: And please remember, if there is anything at all that you need help with, we will be right here for you 24*7!

Current Score: 680 alert 9-21-15 Fico
New Goal :700

NFCU Flagship Card $20,000| NFCU CLOC $15,000| PenFed Rewards $17,500 I NFL Barclay Card $3800 | Capitol One Unsecured $5500 | Cap 1 Quicksilver 2500 I Victoria Secret $950 | Fingerhut $600| Amex ED $3000

HEADED TO THE GARDEN
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX 60 DAY CLI WAIT CHANGE OR DID IT?

I can personally say that you can have a CLI before the previous standard of 60/61 days. CSR just seems informed of old information.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 2 of 19
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

All I can say is that I pressed the online CLI request button at 29 days after applying and got my 3x increase. Maybe it's different if you chat.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my full 3x increase 5 minutes after I activated my BCE. I'm new to Amex as well.
$4500 to $13500 via the online button
Message 4 of 19
razorback82
New Contributor

ksantangelo23- With those scores I'm sure you can have whatever you want lol

Not sure if mine are strong enough to go against the previous standard.

Current Score: 680 alert 9-21-15 Fico
New Goal :700

NFCU Flagship Card $20,000| NFCU CLOC $15,000| PenFed Rewards $17,500 I NFL Barclay Card $3800 | Capitol One Unsecured $5500 | Cap 1 Quicksilver 2500 I Victoria Secret $950 | Fingerhut $600| Amex ED $3000

HEADED TO THE GARDEN
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

All others have said above, their CSRs are all over the place.  Some say one thing, others the opposite. As with a lot of creditors, sadly their CSRs are the last to know anything and often give out erroneous information.  The fact remains that 3X CLIs are being given out much earlier than 61 days now and as early as activation.  As with anything your success is going to be based on your credit file and you need to look at that prior to applying whether it's at 61 days, 2 days or a year.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps the rep could see that there was not a CLI available for your account at the time so they were encouraging you to wait?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All others have said above, their CSRs are all over the place.  Some say one thing, others the opposite. As with a lot of creditors, sadly their CSRs are the last to know anything and often give out erroneous information.  The fact remains that 3X CLIs are being given out much earlier than 61 days now and as early as activation.  As with anything your success is going to be based on your credit file and you need to look at that prior to applying whether it's at 61 days, 2 days or a year.

Plus some CSR's have actually told cardholders they can apply for a CLI any time after getting the card. Eventually, the new policy will filter down and everybody will get on the same page.

Message 8 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It's strange though that the 6 month policy remains firm.   Just to chec, I  just asked for a CLI (about 5 months after one on another card) and the decline document says you have to wait 6 months.   Maybe that will change one day!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you attempt a 3x cli after activation but get denied, can you try again at 61 days or would you have to wait 180 days?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.