Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 61 Day Credit Limit Increase?

tag
britthester
New Contributor

AMEX 61 Day Credit Limit Increase?

I was recently approved for the Blue Sky (no AF) from Amex, and I've heard about the 61 day credit limit increase they offer. I'm interested in how that works. Does everyone get approved? What factors play into you getting approved? I just want to know what to expect and when I should actually apply for the CLI. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day Credit Limit Increase?

Start here

Message 2 of 4
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I requested my 61 day CLI today and i was approved.. My starting CL was $2000 and was bumped at $6000... You basically need to wait 61 day from the account opening (it could differ from your approval date so you might need to check your Quizzle EXP, Transunion or Equifax report to get your accurate opening date or you can also call Amex and ask for it)
This is my timeline:
-Approval date 12-17-2012
-Account creation (Opening) 12-18-2012*
-CLI request 01/17/2013

To increase your chances of getting approved for the CLI, keep your overall utilization under the 30%. Keep all your account current and don't open too many new accounts
You also need to have enough income to support your CLI

Not everyone will get approved it'll be based mostly in your credit profile.. They'll be softing your EXP report 3 or 4 times during these 61 days (its like you are on probation) So they might approve your full increase request, other times they might counter offer if they don't feel comfortable giving you the full 3X CLI or you can get denied (in that case you'll be able to request a CLI in 90 day)

Message 3 of 4
StudentSam
New Contributor

you said u were approved 12-18 then u did CLI 1-17 isnt that only 30 days? not 61 ?

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.