Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AA from New Application

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

AMEX AA from New Application

Does anyone know if American Express will take adverse action on current accounts from an application for a new credit card, IF said applicants credit is not as good as it was on initial approval?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX AA from New Application

yes, it is possible for a new amex app to prompt AA (which may've been coming in any case.)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@MMart078 wrote:

Does anyone know if American Express will take adverse action on current accounts from an application for a new credit card, IF said applicants credit is not as good as it was on initial approval?

If you currently have an active AMEX account they more than likely review your credit reports during its account reviews.  If there was something that significantly stood out, they would have already addressed it.  Check to see if AMEX has soft pulled any of your reports 

Message 3 of 5
daytrade5
Contributor

@MMart078 wrote:

I applied for the Amex Blue Cash only a short time after I was approved for the Amex Zync ( while I was suppose to be gardening ) & was denied. My credit had changed only due to the inquires & i've heard nothing from them. I do have some new accounts that hit my report recently, so we'll see how that goes. But other than, everything is the same when I initally applied. I'll keep you updated if someone should come knocking. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
MMart078
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:

@MMart078 wrote:

If you currently have an active AMEX account they more than likely review your credit reports during its account reviews.  If there was something that significantly stood out, they would have already addressed it.  Check to see if AMEX has soft pulled any of your reports 

no they have not softed me not once on any of my reports, just pulled all three, but I also have a zync with autopay so i am not sure if that addresses some of their concerns.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.