Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU Question

tag
mporter13
New Contributor

AMEX AU Question

I have recently been added as an AU for an AMEX card that has been in good standing since 1989.  I also was approved for an AMEX DSM card this month.  My question is twofold.  Will my AMEX DSM show that I've been a member since 1989 (the only reason i asked to become an AU was to try and get the history)?  Secondly, if the history is added, what would happen if (later down the road) I was removed as an AU on the aged AMEX?  Would the history remain on my personal AMEX?
04/18/18: TU-677 EQ-747 EX-756
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX AU Question

Your card will be 2008, the auth account will show on your credit since 1989, but when you open cards in your name it will put the oldest age of accounts in your name, which if this is your first amex (2008)
if you remove yourself later, it either will just show closed and keep the age, or they possibly might delete the whole account from your credit.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AU Question

You can call Amex and ask them to use the date from the AU card for your new one.  It may take a few calls, but it will work.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.