Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU Wrong BDay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX AU Wrong BDay

Hello folks,

I added my 19 year old cousin as an AU to my SPG AMEX, but I accidentally put in the wrong birthyear by a year. However I did put his SSN in. 

Will the wrong birthyear cause any issues with his credit profile or not link it/report correctly?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX AU Wrong BDay

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello folks,

I added my 19 year old cousin as an AU to my SPG AMEX, but I accidentally put in the wrong birthyear by a year. However I did put his SSN in. 

Will the wrong birthyear cause any issues with his credit profile or not link it/report correctly?

Thank you!

I would reach out to Amex to get this corrected, and sooner rather than later. 

The last thing your cousin needs is for the credit bureaus to have multiple birthdays/years on file.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, but they told me to call back when I have his card on hand, as they cannot do anything until it arrives.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did, but they told me to call back when I have his card on hand, as they cannot do anything until it arrives.

Ah, there ya go... once you get the card just give them a call - just don't forget!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.