Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU?..

tag
Kable
Valued Member

AMEX AU?..

I have build my girlfriends credit with ease since she had virgin credit. She's about to turn 21 and she has a nice setup already with AMEX, Discover, Chase and Capital One and she got a Victoria Secret to have a store card. And a $3500 personal loan that went into a savings and auto pays every month for 12 months.

My question is.. If we add me to her amex and discover with neither of us using the cards but for one small purchase a month what's the chances It would build history with them to help me get my own Amex or discover? And what time frame does that usually happen if you have done it.

I have a good credit history with only a collection holding me back with Midland. Currently tried to pfd that. But I just applied for a few cards so I know getting one this year is probably shot since I have around 10 inquries, mostly business
a gentleman is simply a patient wolf
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX AU?..

AU status only helps some. Do you have cards in your name and if so how long have you had them?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Kable
Valued Member

Yeah I had a capital one secured which is what I started with 2 years ago, 6 months ago I got capital ones cash rewards, and last week got the spark business card. I will be closing the secured card shortly. And then I have a Jared card and another store care.
Message 3 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

What are your scores?  How recent are your collections?

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 6
Kable
Valued Member

Collection is tmobile/midland for 900 about 4 years old. And my scores have always been 680-700 but had lasts month utlization really high so it dropped down to about 650. I just applied for discover and it said derog and inquries. I was going to try and recon it since they are business inquries and the collection reads disputed, not sure if that matters.
Message 5 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I try to help my girl credit too.....tell me how and when did you apps for your gf discover and Amex and stuff ..??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.