Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU?

tag
knoregs
Established Contributor

AMEX AU?

My mom just applied for, and was approved, for an AXEX BCP. I actually filled out the app for her and in the section for "order additional cards" I of course ordered one up for myself. My question is does this lock in a 2013 membership date for me too? So when I get my own AMEX next year it'll reflect the 2013 "member since" date?

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX AU?

from what i remember from discussions in the past is that amex no longer backdate AU's if they finally get their own amex account. im sure others will chime in.

Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@knoregs wrote:

My mom just applied for, and was approved, for an AXEX BCP. I actually filled out the app for her and in the section for "order additional cards" I of course ordered one up for myself. My question is does this lock in a 2013 membership date for me too? So when I get my own AMEX next year it'll reflect the 2013 "member since" date?

~kn

Yes, as soon as you get your card create an account.  Your MSD will be 2013.  When you receive your very own Amex, your CR's will be backdated to ?/2013

Message 3 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

~kn

Yes, as soon as you get your card create an account.  Your MSD will be 2013.  When you receive your very own Amex, your CR's will be backdated to ?/2013

+1

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 6
knoregs
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

~kn

Thanks for the reply... I've already set up an online account for my mom. Do I set up another account for myself?

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.