Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Acct Review multiple soft hits

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Acct Review multiple soft hits

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be a big kick in the jaw if we were to accept this preapproval which may cause a domino effect and afterall get declined on preapproval, then credit limit decrease/credit limt chase me down on the blue, then cause a snowball effect to propagate across all accounts and bury the credit score.

This is mind boggling.

i think you are worrying to much. Keep doing what you have been doing and keep the util% low and you should be fine. You are doing everything right that you can possibly do, so why get yourself worked up over it. Enjoy what you have done so far.
Message Edited by oracles on 01-14-2009 01:23 PM
Message 11 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Acct Review multiple soft hits

Doomkopft wrote:

It would be a big kick in the jaw if we were to accept this preapproval which may cause a domino effect and afterall get declined on preapproval, then credit limit decrease/credit limt chase me down on the blue, then cause a snowball effect to propagate across all accounts and bury the credit score.

This is mind boggling.

I wouldn't accept the offer, but at the same time, AmEx has always been famous for one department not knowing what the others are doing. This was true even before their credit machete started swinging this past fall.

They need to have some sort of gi-normous corporate retreat where the marketing department can huddle up with the risk department and compare lists of who's being loved and who's being hated. Maybe they're trying to do this and scramble up the budget for it, and thus all the CLD's... Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.