Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - Allow Access To Financial Information Page

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

AMEX - Allow Access To Financial Information Page

I was looking on my accounts with AMEX and saw their is a place to link you bank accounts so they can review your bank transactions to better serve your account. Has anyone done this to their accounts? Sorry if this is old news.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX

@Cory88 wrote:

I was looking on my accounts with AMEX and saw their is a place to link you bank accounts so they can review your bank transactions to better serve your account. Has anyone done this to their accounts? Sorry if this is old news.

Can you paste the URL to that page?  I have not heard of this before, and the closest thing would be them asking access to banking accounts during the application process for business cards a year or so ago for some applicants:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-asking-for-access-to-your-bank-accounts/td-p/5427...

Edit: Found it!  https://global.americanexpress.com/bank-verification?linknav=US-Ser-axpAccountManagement-AllowAccess...

amex_access.png

Message 2 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'd be tempted to take that for a test drive, but they already have 4506-T info from me, so it's not going to tell them anything new.  @Cory88 I also updated your title to make it a bit more descriptive for future searches.

Message 3 of 21
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking about linking my bank account just to try it but then their website had a problem.

Now I'm hesitant since my limits are higher probably than what my bank account support

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 4 of 21
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I don't think so! They can "better support my spending needs" by reviewing my actual spending on my BCP & Magnet cards.

In addition to my two cards I have a High Yield Savings account and have 3 bank accounts linked to that, but they just verified them by trial deposits and don't have my login info to be able see any activity. BTW, with many banks dropping savings rates drastically the Amex HYS still pays a decent 1.7%, I just moved a bunch more $$$ into it.

Message 5 of 21
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX - Allow Access To Financial Information Page

No way.  None of their business.  Now I'm not even sure if I ever want an AMEX revolver.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 6 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

No way.  None of their business.  Now I'm not even sure if I ever want an AMEX revolver.

Because of a completely optional program?

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just them being nosey, which can have either a positive or negative effect on your relationship with them.  If it's high enough it may provide a higher limit, not high enough and it may prove useless in getting CLI's etc. IMO having your annual salary and spend on their cards is sufficient information. 

Message 8 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

BTW, with many banks dropping savings rates drastically the Amex HYS still pays a decent 1.7%, I just moved a bunch more $$$ into it.

Yes, that's now very competitive.   But given that they have been way down the pack, I would expect this to drop very soon! 

Message 9 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's completely optional.

Jumping in front of the bus is optional, too. 

I'm tempted to add one of the CU accounts with whopping $27.00 then link that one. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.