Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX/American Express SUSPENDED my Accounts because of PAYPAL Transactions

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX/American Express SUSPENDED my Accounts because of PAYPAL Transactions

Glad they didnt outright cancel your accounts. Give it sometime, i think youll get back to your original limitsSmiley Happy
Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you were flagged due to AML and Fraud concerns. That's why they want your bank statements so they can see the flow of funds.
Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

.Doesn't Pay Pal Charge 3 percent fee?

After reading thru this whole thread I believe I *might* have an answer (WARNING: I'm *frequently* wrong, so double-check me) but I don't believe this whole thing started just because the OP sent to somebody related to them.  When you PP someone, you have the option to pay to a "friend or family member" with a 0% fee.  It doesn't have anything to do with Ancestry.com, 23andMe.com or anything else.  You must select the option to do this zero percent transfer before sending.  My guess is that the OP *must* have done exactly that, and hey - why not, right?  Apparently, it sends a HUGE RED FLAG out to the creditor you've linked your particular payment to.  Well, I've learned a major lesson just by reading this thread - I'm disconnecting any of my credit cards from "friends and family" transactions and going straight to my PP Credit account or my debit card from now on.

I hope this helps explain the situation because if it doesn't, I'm bamboozled and confoozled every bit as much as the rest of y'all are.
Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad your old  got your cards back but the cost was terrible. Perhaps over time you can regain your old limits.  I am always concerened that asking for cli on cards with limits that are already high is very damgerous. DW and I once had her Amex balance up to $10K for a day then paid it back to undr $5K  and were concerned they would think it was MS.  It was not just more repair from storm damage.    

Message 44 of 52
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Confoozled -- I luv it!😂

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 45 of 52
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Cofefe?Smiley Wink
Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure it's "covfefe"l but again, I'm frequently wrong 😆
Message 47 of 52
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks for keeping us updated on the outcome.  Fortunately the limit can grow again and utilization has no memory, so hopefully this is a short-term problem and won't hurt your scores too much while you pay off some balances.  Perhaps this is an opportunity before the next statement posts to see which of your other cards may be eligible for credit line increases to bring up your total available?

Message 48 of 52
AvaMarie77
Established Member

Message 49 of 52
drmceo
Contributor

?Re: AMEX/American Express SUSPENDED my Accounts because of PAYPAL Transactions

If the cards were closed because of that would it be like burning amex? or if she didnt comply and send in documents and they closed the accounts? how long before they let you back in if at all?

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.