cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX/American Express SUSPENDED my Accounts because of PAYPAL Transactions

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: ?Re: AMEX/American Express SUSPENDED my Accounts because of PAYPAL Transactions

@drmceo wrote:

If the cards were closed because of that would it be like burning amex? or if she didnt comply and send in documents and they closed the accounts? how long before they let you back in if at all?

Lots of stories support the idea that if you don't comply with an FR, you will get one when and if you get another Amex, not matter how much time has passed.

This doesn't seem the same as burning Amex (i.e. defaulting and/or IIB) but they will almost certainly want a review.

It's hard to tell: with Amex!    Amex closed  one of my cards for perk abuse but I got another card the next month, and a card the same as the closed one a month later.   

Message 51 of 52
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: ?Re: AMEX/American Express SUSPENDED my Accounts because of PAYPAL Transactions

@longtimelurker wrote:

@drmceo wrote:

If the cards were closed because of that would it be like burning amex? or if she didnt comply and send in documents and they closed the accounts? how long before they let you back in if at all?

Lots of stories support the idea that if you don't comply with an FR, you will get one when and if you get another Amex, not matter how much time has passed.

This doesn't seem the same as burning Amex (i.e. defaulting and/or IIB) but they will almost certainly want a review.

It's hard to tell: with Amex!    Amex closed  one of my cards for perk abuse but I got another card the next month, and a card the same as the closed one a month later.   

Which card and perk?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.