Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Backdate

tag
bman86
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCE Backdate

I recently got the Amex BCE and I used to be a member back in '06 but that account has been closed for a while. I just logged in online and saw they updated my memeber since to 2006. How will this refect on my credit report? Will it backdate all the way back?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Backdate

@bman86 wrote:

I recently got the Amex BCE and I used to be a member back in '06 but that account has been closed for a while. I just logged in online and saw they updated my memeber since to 2006. How will this refect on my credit report? Will it backdate all the way back?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, it should backdate all the way back. Its when you FIRST became an amex customer. On your credit report, it will show that you've had the account open since 2006. So it definitely is good for your AAoA. Congrats on the BCE!

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 2 of 23
bman86
Regular Contributor

That is awesome! It will definitely be my oldest active account then. Thanks! I am so excited to back in with amex.

Message 3 of 23
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 4 of 23
bman86
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Would it be in my best interest to apply for one of their charge cards knowing that it was going to backdate again to '06 to help with my AAoA or is it not worth taking another inquiry? Right now EQ shows my AAoA at 3yr 9mo and CK shows it at 2yr 0mo.

Message 5 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You could but you could also wait and get it in Jan. that way the new cc would be older than the BCE
Message 6 of 23
bman86
Regular Contributor

Okay, that makes sense. So you think that would be more benificial in the long run with respect to my credit scores?

Message 7 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No, it shouldn't affect your score that much if at all. It's just one way of getting the most out of Amex backdating.
Message 8 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats glad it worked out for you Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 23
bman86
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Couldn't be happier, two accounts backdated to '06! I'm interested to see how my over all credit score is affected after they start reporting.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.