Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Backdate

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Backdate

Congrats on your backdating!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 23
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

If you know you are going to apply for another Amex I wouldn't wait until January just for the small increase in AAoA. Depending on the number of accounts you have in your file, your AAoA won't likely benefit more than a month or two. Since AAoA is rounded down to the next whole year, you would only experience this benefit, if any, for one or two months out of the year. But, by waiting six months for a HP will put off the impact of that HP. I much rather have a lower AAoA in February '14 with a seven month old Inquiry, than a slightly higher AAoA with a fresh Inquiry.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 12 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:
But, by waiting six months for a HP will put off the impact of that HP. I much rather have a lower AAoA in February '14 with a seven month old Inquiry, than a slightly higher AAoA with a fresh Inquiry.

Excellent point!  Something I had never considered in my analysis, but will now.

Message 13 of 23
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 14 of 23
bman86
Regular Contributor

I would have never thought of it like that. Good point! Too bad I already applied and got approved for the PRG. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 23
brindle26
Regular Contributor

I was approved today for the BCE card but had an Amex in 1990-91 would be sweet if they backdated for me some 22 years.

Message 16 of 23
maksimfa
Contributor

When you log in online, it should say on top, member since.... 

Wait it until you get the card in the mail to see what it was listed.

i was approved for two amex cards, and initially it said 2014, however a few days later, it did change over to member since 2006.

Message 17 of 23
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@brindle26 wrote:

I was approved today for the BCE card but had an Amex in 1990-91 would be sweet if they backdated for me some 22 years.

As long as you the primary on the card or the AU started in 90-91 and the card was issued by Amex and not say, BOA Amex, then it backdates.  I had to call to my two Amex's backdated to 1988 but all it took was a phone call.  Congrats.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 18 of 23
brindle26
Regular Contributor

When I talked to the CSR he said they had no record of me fron the 80' and 90's. It was my personal card from Amex. I sent a secure message yesterday requestion an accurate member since date, haven't heard from them yet. Don't see anywhere to get messages from them either.

Message 19 of 23
brindle26
Regular Contributor

Response to my request to correct the member since date,

I've submitted this request for review and rectification. If approved, you will receive your new Card in 9 - 12 business days.

So far I'm liking Amex. One year ago I applied for CapOne and Applied secured cards

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.