Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE CLI QUESTION

tag
sureno90
Established Member

AMEX BCE CLI QUESTION

Hey guys! So in about a week and a half it's going to be my 61 days so I could finally request a cli. I already made two payments to AMEX, even before my due date. I'm going to have a balance of about $500. My limit is $3000. Is that going to be a problem with me not getting approved for the cli. Because I know that AMEX doesn't like people paying more than once a month. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE CLI QUESTION

If the $500 is from the current statement cycle I don't see a problem with requesting a CLI before the balance is paid.

Amex will allow multiple payments in a month. The only time this is a problem is in the first 30 days after a bank account has been added. You can only make one payment from that account during the first 30 days.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 7
dp321
Regular Contributor

That is even below 20% util, so I don't think it would be a big problem.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Not to go off topic of OP, but could I request higher than 3x? Or that isn't wise?

Message 4 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Just follow the 3X rule.  Getting your CL up 3X in 61 days is ridiculous.  No other lender does anything close, so no need to get even greedier.

As for AMEX not liking multiple payments in a month, I have no idea where people get that idea.  Amex makes it harder for the first month or so to make multiple payments but that is more of a fraud thing than anything else.  Why wouldn't they love their money faster?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 7
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Not to go off topic of OP, but could I request higher than 3x? Or that isn't wise?

i don't think AMEX will allow you to ask for more than 3x your current limit. All the Experienced pro's on MYFico Forums suggest 3x, no more, no less

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
sureno90
Established Member

Ok thanks guys! (:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.