Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Card

tag
hajew86
New Contributor

AMEX BCE Card

I'm wondering if I should apply for this card before I jump into the garden for the rest of the year.

This is what I'm looking at:

Quite a few inquiries due to a mortgage that closed in October, new cards with Discover, Barclays, and Southwest Rapid Rewards. EQ score is 715 and average age of accounts 2 years. UTL is 23% on the Discover with $0 BAL on the other accounts. What are my chances? Should I  wait until Jan 1st  2015? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Card

Why do you want the BCE? if its purely for eventually obtaining a large credit limit, then thats one thing. If you like the cash back rewards, then the Sallie Mae Mastercard gives more cash back than the BCE. You would need to wait at least 4 months and preferrably 6 after applying for your existing Barclays card before applying to the Sallie Mae.

Of course, you could obtain both.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 3
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Card

@hajew86 wrote:

I'm wondering if I should apply for this card before I jump into the garden for the rest of the year.

This is what I'm looking at:

Quite a few inquiries due to a mortgage that closed in October, new cards with Discover, Barclays, and Southwest Rapid Rewards. EQ score is 715 and average age of accounts 2 years. UTL is 23% on the Discover with $0 BAL on the other accounts. What are my chances? Should I  wait until Jan 1st  2015? Thanks

Do you happen to know your EX info?  From what I've gathered, AMEX is a surefire EX pull and if the app is marginal, they could double pull and include EQ or TU.  In my case, EX is my lowest score so I'd have to take that into going into an AMEX app.  I think your util is fine and if your EX score is close to EQ, you should be fine unless they have an issue with recent inquiries.

Good luck if you app.  

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.