Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE PC to BCP?

tag
BLAIX
Contributor

AMEX BCE PC to BCP?

Why would I not be eligible for this? Granted I've only had my card since October but I've already got the 3x CLI and always PIF. I've been getting auto CLI on my other cards and got 1k SP on my Discover today so obviously I'm.in pretty good standing. The rep told me there's no amount of time I have to have my account and no standards to meet, the system just wasn't showing me eligible at this time. What gives?

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE PC to BCP?

Im not sure if this is true for all Amex cards but I was told via chat my PC options wont be available until after the first year I opened my cards.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of these Amex CSRs don't know what they are talking about.  For you to PC, it has to be 13 month. ...

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of these Amex CSRs don't know what they are talking about.  For you to PC, it has to be 13 month. ...

+1. There is a minimum amount of time to PC with Amex, and it's 13 months.

Message 4 of 6
BLAIX
Contributor

I guess I could see making me wait if I wanted to DOWNGRADE but. BCP comes with an AF. Don't make it hard for your customers to give you money. I'd get enough benefits from the card to negate the AF and they get to keep it, we both come out happy. I wonder if writing EO would push it? I've never written but seems like people get results.

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BLAIX wrote:

I guess I could see making me wait if I wanted to DOWNGRADE but. BCP comes with an AF. Don't make it hard for your customers to give you money. I'd get enough benefits from the card to negate the AF and they get to keep it, we both come out happy. I wonder if writing EO would push it? I've never written but seems like people get results.

Many issuers will do this, citing the CARD Act, which does not allow chanes in the AF for the first year,   Whether or not that really applies to a PC is questionable, but issuers are playing it safe and insisting on 13 months.   In some cases, downgrading (BCP -> BCE for example) will also get this response, although the intention of the CARD Act was to prevent increases in fees....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.