Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE or Wells Fargo Rew. Visa?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

AMEX BCE or Wells Fargo Rew. Visa?

Weighing my options. I was approved for AMEX Green a few weeks back and was going to wait until the new year to app for BCE to get the 1/13 backdate. But then the pre-selected offer from WF for a Visa showed up in the mail a week ago. Who would be more likely to start me out wih a higher CL? Also I just got my first statement for the Green charge on Tuesday with a balance--Should I pay that in full BEFORE app-ing for BCE? (should I decide to app for it)

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE or Wells Fargo Rew. Visa?

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Weighing my options. I was approved for AMEX Green a few weeks back and was going to wait until the new year to app for BCE to get the 1/13 backdate. But then the pre-selected offer from WF for a Visa showed up in the mail a week ago. Who would be more likely to start me out wih a higher CL? Also I just got my first statement for the Green charge on Tuesday with a balance--Should I pay that in full BEFORE app-ing for BCE? (should I decide to app for it)

I would apply for both and yes submit the PIF with Green (doesn't have to actually clear, the system posts it instantly)

If picking only one I can't believe I am going to say it but I would apply for Wells since it's pre-approved and bonus reward structure is for 6 months then in 6 months apply for the blue because the reward structure on wells will then suck and you will have 7 months of green under your belt so the internal computer of all mighty amex should love you by then.

Message 2 of 12
samm90
New Contributor

WF might be good for 6 months, after that it is useless. I have one. I would close it if it wasn't my first card.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I would apply for both and yes submit the PIF with Green (doesn't have to actually clear, the system posts it instantly)

If picking only one I can't believe I am going to say it but I would apply for Wells since it's pre-approved and bonus reward structure is for 6 months then in 6 months apply for the blue because the reward structure on wells will then suck and you will have 7 months of green under your belt so the internal computer of all mighty amex should love you by then.

Yes, sort of agree.   If it was the BCP, then I would apply for that after the 6 month WF period is done, as there is no point paying the AF for basically duplication (slightly better on groceries but worse on gas and drug stores).  That is not an issue with BCE, so getting the together is fine, as is waiting.

But, the WF card is really only worthwhile for manufactured spending.  If you aren't planning on that, maybe just get the BCE and be done.  (And if you are planning on that, get the Blue Cash instead!)

Message 4 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Bumped my own thread to ask another question. I went to the WF card invatation acceptance site and it asked for the application number from my letter and only the last 4 of my social security number. Does this mean it would process as a soft pull??

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Bumped my own thread to ask another question. I went to the WF card invatation acceptance site and it asked for the application number from my letter and only the last 4 of my social security number. Does this mean it would process as a soft pull??

hmm, don't have wells experience but I would say you are as good as approved if you just click!

Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

hmm, don't have wells experience but I would say you are as good as approved if you just click!

Regardless if SP or HP, it would still be worth it if approved!

Message 7 of 12
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I doubt it would be a SP. But I'd personally go for BCE.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 8 of 12
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Don't do it! Its a trap Smiley Very Happy

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@GaTech wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Don't do it! Its a trap Smiley Very Happy

LOL!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.