Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE "No payment required at this time"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE "No payment required at this time"

I've had this account for a little over 6 months, through out this entire month it has been displaying "No payment required at this time" even though I know there is a statement balance due. I have had the same bank account connected to this account and made regular payments using it. I just received a CLI to $1000 from $500 but other than that I am not too sure why it's displaying this. All my search efforts have just turned to new accounts and first month users. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE "No payment required at this time"

If you recently registered a new payment account it's normal. They're not trusting of new accounts.

Sometimes you can make one payment then it freezes it out for a few weeks.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if it's a new Amex account and your first, they don't allow more than one payment a month initially for a few months, for some users.

You can push a payment from your bank's bill pay tho.
Message 3 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Having a statement balance remaining doesn't necessarily mean you still have a payment due.  Look at the date the statement posted vs the date your last payment posted.  It may have just been a timing thing this month.  You can still pay the remaining statement balance though.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:

Having a statement balance remaining doesn't necessarily mean you still have a payment due.  Look at the date the statement posted vs the date your last payment posted.  It may have just been a timing thing this month.  You can still pay the remaining statement balance though.

Agreed. It sounds like since you paid at the least the minimum for the month it's not requiring any other payment from you even if there is a remaining balance. But as medicgrrl said you can feel free to pay more/all of the remaining balance.

Message 5 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Get this clarified from customer support. Hop into chat or call. If you think you owe them money, you need to make sure there isn't something wrong with what you're seeing.

Even if you've added a new payment account, they're going to allow you to pay enough to avoid interest or a late fee. If you've added a new payment account within the past 30 days, let us know, and we can try to sort out the rather confusing rules.

Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If it's just this month but has been displaying previously, I would check to see if you had any payments that posted since your statement was generated or credits to the account that covered the minimum payment amount.  If in doubt, look at the PDF of your most recent statement, look for the full statement balance and deduct any payments you have made since then to determine your remaining statement balance.  Just to the left of where it says no payment due you should also see a "Statement balance" amount now that I think about it.

Message 7 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:
Agreed. It sounds like since you paid at the least the minimum for the month it's not requiring any other payment from you even if there is a remaining balance. But as medicgrrl said you can feel free to pay more/all of the remaining balance.

I just re-read this, and it's a good point. Hit the "Make Payment" button. You'll see options to pay the minimum, the remaining statement balance, the current balance, or "other amount." If you still owe, there should be something left under the remaining statement balance. Options that don't apply are grayed out.

Message 8 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I just re-read this, and it's a good point. Hit the "Make Payment" button. You'll see options to pay the minimum, the remaining statement balance, the current balance, or "other amount." If you still owe, there should be something left under the remaining statement balance. Options that don't apply are grayed out.

"Upvote" for best answer!

Ahh Amex, six different ways to accomplish any task on their website. LOL

Message 9 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

"Upvote" for best answer!

Ahh Amex, six different ways to accomplish any task on their website. LOL

I had actually assumed he was making payments this way. Didn't even realize to ask him that.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.