Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP - Determining if Eligible for Bonus

tag
satio
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCP - Determining if Eligible for Bonus

In my financial recovery journey I recently app'd and was approved for AMEX BCP.  I still await the actual card arrival but I have online access to my account details.

Elsewhere I have seen the following signup bonus listed for this card:

Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.

Is there a way to determine by looking at my account if I am actually eligible for this?

I guess I could just reach out and ask someone, re: AMEX CSR....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
digitek
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP - Determining if Eligible for Bonus

Good luck on your recovery mate!

One of the best things about Amex is online chat, they can handle a ton of simple stuff without needing to make a call. They will be able to tell you if your approval included any kind of sign up bonus. You can find the chat after logging into your account. Or you can call CSR, but really the chat is too easy 😁. Hope you got a SUB, they aren't huge, but a little extra cash never hurts.
Message 2 of 8
satio
Frequent Contributor

@digitek wrote:
Good luck on your recovery mate!

One of the best things about Amex is online chat, they can handle a ton of simple stuff without needing to make a call. They will be able to tell you if your approval included any kind of sign up bonus. You can find the chat after logging into your account. Or you can call CSR, but really the chat is too easy 😁. Hope you got a SUB, they aren't huge, but a little extra cash never hurts.

Well thanks for that suggestion, was easy enough.

Chat CSR indicated my account is not currently showing such a bonus but indicated backoffice team will review and update me if I am eligible for any bonus.

Message 3 of 8
crednub
New Contributor

Fwiw, when I got my BCE I contacted support to verify my eligibility because I was seeing offers for lower SUB than what I had app'd under. I wasn't aware that it would show different offers to amex cardholders vs noncardholders before I applied.

Initially I was told that there was no SUB on my account but it could take several days to be applied and to check back after I got my card. They were able to verify the promotional 0% APR had been applied though. Shortly after receiving my card I checked back and was told there was still no SUB but to check back again in a few more days. When I checked the third time I was told that there was indeed a SUB and it was the higher of the two that I had seen.

I fulfilled the spend requirement the next week and the credit posted a few days later.
Message 4 of 8
satio
Frequent Contributor

@crednub wrote:
Fwiw, when I got my BCE I contacted support to verify my eligibility because I was seeing offers for lower SUB than what I had app'd under. I wasn't aware that it would show different offers to amex cardholders vs noncardholders before I applied.

Initially I was told that there was no SUB on my account but it could take several days to be applied and to check back after I got my card. They were able to verify the promotional 0% APR had been applied though. Shortly after receiving my card I checked back and was told there was still no SUB but to check back again in a few more days. When I checked the third time I was told that there was indeed a SUB and it was the higher of the two that I had seen.

I fulfilled the spend requirement the next week and the credit posted a few days later.

When you "checked back" did you do this by talking to a CSR via phone or chat or was there some other area of account view that you were looking at in order to see the sub benefits available to you?

Message 5 of 8
crednub
New Contributor

I used chat each time.
Message 6 of 8
satio
Frequent Contributor

Before having time to even rech

@crednub wrote:

Life got busy and did not have a chance to check back to see if the "AMEX back office" had possibly added the sub I inquired about on 12/9.

First due date is to be 12/20 and I wanted this account to report 0 balance so posted payment on Monday 12/16.

Wake up 12/17 and check to see if payment has posted.

Yessiree bob, along with a $250 statement credit had also been posted for meeting the sub I inquired about.

Merry Christmas lol

Message 7 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@satio wrote:

Before having time to even rech

@crednub wrote:

Life got busy and did not have a chance to check back to see if the "AMEX back office" had possibly added the sub I inquired about on 12/9.

First due date is to be 12/20 and I wanted this account to report 0 balance so posted payment on Monday 12/16.

Wake up 12/17 and check to see if payment has posted.

Yessiree bob, along with a $250 statement credit had also been posted for meeting the sub I inquired about.

Merry Christmas lol

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Happy Holidays, indeed 😉

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.