Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdated!!!

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

AMEX Backdated!!!

My AMEX Green card finally hit my Experian credit report and the date listed is 07/91. It increased my credit history to 20 years and the AAoA is now 6.2 years. I had an AMEX CO in 1993 and just reapplied last month and was approved. The MyFico forum helped me understand how to manage my credit properly. Thank you everyone.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GB44
Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdated!!!

@TheBronxBomber wrote:
My AMEX Green card finally hit my Experian credit report and the date listed is 07/91. It increased my credit history to 20 years and the AAoA is now 6.2 years. I had an AMEX CO in 1993 and just reapplied last month and was approved. The MyFico forum helped me understand how to manage my credit properly. Thank you everyone.

Congrats on the approval and backdating!

Did the backdating improve your Fico score? If so, how much? I'm considering apping for the backdating but don't want to waste an inquiry if it doesn't raise my score.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bomber,

Did you pay off the CO from 1993?

If so, may I ask, did you negotiate or was it the full amount?

Message 3 of 5
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Hey Johnny. No, I didnt. 

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

Congrats! I was approved (this month)after a prior CO w/AMEX as well.  Its so nice to be back with American Express! The backdating is an awesome benefit when carrying one of their cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.